Thursday, June 21, 2012

Circles Unbroken

Good Afternoon

Runnin' kinda behind today; still tryin' to get used to hats that aren't, particular cowboy, still keep up with fences, feed and water. And, it's hot ta boot; made 95 degrees this afternoon. Which, might not sound like much to some, but up here, 7000 feet, somethin' like 40% less atmosphere, soften the blow, all that sunshine, it'll get your attention.

Upside, were down to the cover on the book and I filed for our ISBN number today, which, I guess, means, "you officially got a book", whether or not we've had some copies for a year or better. Pretty cute, actual; the first proof we got, I took it over to show my friends across the valley. They have kids come in from all over the world, volunteer some time, work on their organic farm. Well, that day there was a young woman, veterianary student, visitin' and she really wanted to read the book, so I agreed to leave it a day or two. Well, come back, few days later and she really wanted to buy it and take it home. I explained this was a proof and I was supposed to be checkin' it for errors, not to mention it run us about $50 dollars, but, if she'd write down her name and address, I'd be sure get her a copy when they come in. Well, she did and turned out she was from Aberdeen, Scotland, birthplace of my Gramma Hall. Very first copy of the book went back to Scotland, no questions asked; she sent me $100 dollars.

So, ISBN number or not, this book got writ and someone, likes good story, saw fit, get the first copy back to the earth a my ancestors and, to me, that's plumb amazin'! I actually talk about ancestors in the book and how we shouldn't forget; maybe not "family names and cote of arms", but people, like my gramma, that lived and looked for happiness, meanin' and found a part, like me, in a horse.

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,

P.S. Photo Credit, Brandon Johnson
jeune

2 comments:

  1. how amazing life is.... that is so cool. I painted a little female cardinal this winter and my cousin bought it and gave it to her mother (my favorite Aunt growing up, well one of my favs) and I was and still am so very tickled of the fact that my art hangs framed over a fireplace I grew up in front of. Life is grand and congrats on your book. are you doing an ebook too?
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne
    http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scotland story is "perfect." Just seems right. :)

    It's the humidity around here that will get you and skeeters as big as paper airplanes. I'm surprised I'm not having to go get blood transfusions ... LOL!

    Part of your dream is coming ... waiting is some of the fun ... expectation. Kind of a joy in that. :)

    Family and ancestors are important ... Native Americans used to look 7 generations into the future before making an imporant decision. I wish all the people on Earth would do that before destroying another forest, scraping the land raw for minerals that only yield for 40 years, leaving poisoned waters and waterways behind. We can learn though ... surely, we can learn.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete