Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thank You

Good Mornin'

Well, mild; had quite some clouds in past few days and there's some high clouds lingerin' this mornin'. Breezy, too; likely thunderstorms somewhere. We did get a sprinkle, but mostly just the correspondin' breezes.

And, now, back to hot; I'm writin' this piece meal, as I had to run off to the tradin' post, get some gas for they turned off the pumps, which quit workin' when the heat comes on. And, I had to get gas, so I could pickup some hay, replace what I borrowed; keep my fingers crossed, I can get a little more delivered, quit runnin' around, puttin' out "fires", stay home and work on a pasture, for the heat turns the grass all brown. Anybody has a doubt about everything bein' connected, just needs to spend a while out here, see for themselves.

Anyway, case I got busy, late and lost track, wouldn't hurt take a minute and thank all my friends, helped in so many ways, here recent and over the past few years. Woke up this mornin' thinkin' about a book someone gave me, back when I got started on this foster home idea, called "Reclaiming Dine' History". I enjoyed it so much and yet I couldn't remember, who gave it to me. I since have, but, point is, so many have helped me in large and little ways, and it's all made a big difference, once again, maybe, best captured in the ground might harbor the dream.

So, if I have forgot to thank someone, late, thanks, and if I did, it's just 'cause I'm tryin', match your kindness with my try and keep it goin' forward; sometimes, worn thin, sometimes remiss.

Have a great day!

Best,

3 comments:

  1. It sure gets a little frustrating sometimes when you're "it" and all the doing only gets done by you. Even when you can't seem to go anymore, it still has to get done, and somehow it does. Sounds like you and I had similiar days. Good grief, how can "the simple life" get so complicated ... LOL! Hauling water, getting groceries, feeding dogs and making sure no ticks on them (nasty critters), keeping things fixed, getting out of the driveway when there's 6 feet of snow, or making that long walk to the privy at -35 degrees. It can be lonely a bit momentarily, not too much, just a bit.

    Thankfully, kind folks just "show up." I believe it's no coincidence. I would never have made it this far. A simple sincere "thank you" can mean more than a million words I believe. ♥

    I hope you get some rain and the pasture gets a good drink.

    Thanks for all your good words, Jeune,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "simple life" was never actually simple, just differently structured. Folks always had lots of hard work to do in order keep life going, but they got to see the direct result of their hard work close to home - in the food they ate, the clothes they wore, the shelter they lived in. Movies have romanticized that lifestyle, but the reality is more like you describe it, Jeune. Not an easy life, however fulfilling.

    What touched my heart today was the gratitude you express to all who have helped you along the way, because gratitude enriches both the giver and the receiver with simple sweet treasure.

    ReplyDelete