Saturday, June 9, 2012

Water and Light

Good Mornin'

Well, mild and breezy. Recoverin' some from the company; funny how another person kinda bounce my patterns around. I guess it's part of gettin' older; ya try and set things up, just so, get the best ratio of maintenance ta work, then, somethin' as simple as a visitor, comes along and you get focused on the company, hospitality, lose track a the mule and it might take a day or two, get it back to workin'. Anyway, we did have a nice visit and hopefully, we'll cross paths again, sometime.

I did muster a little steam, late afternoon and re-evaluatin' circumstances, situation and variables, packed up a load of old wire and scraps from around the yard, which I've needed to clean up and haul off, a couple a years now and headed out to "The Bend"; there's a dump on the back side of the neighbors, just south of "The Bend",old pit left by the oil company, we've been usin' it for a sort of landfill, metal and wood, past few years. My math simple; a) I need to start cleanin' up here, "thank you" to the folks been lettin' me camp, ten years now, b) gas at $4/gallon, any trip I make over yonder, I better make it pay, two-three ways, if possible and c) whatever my resources, mental physical, monetary, or lack there of, I'm all I've got, discountin' grace for the moment and if grace is like ta come, it's gonna answer try. It's already answered big time with "The Bend" itself, but if we're gonna get from a piece of dirt to horses and kids, we're gonna need some more.

And, we got incentive both ways; the dream of the horses and kids, makin' a difference for the risin' number of foster kids needin' help, San Juan County, in front, and, old age and drought, burnin' the bridge behind us. And, that might sound a little dramatic, but really it's, one beautiful situation; kinda like sunshine and tail winds.
Not only have we got the inspiration of makin' a difference for one kid, starters, but a clear window of time and horses needin' affordable pasture, over $12 hay.

Best I understand, if you considered grace like rain, you add real need to real try and you're gonna get really wet! So, my mind, it's a fantastic situation and all I gotta do is ignore the odds, add my try and break out the soap, 'cause I'm like ta get a bath ta boot.

This might be, kinda corny; a little poem hit me few years back. But, corny and all, my mind, there is a little somethin' to it.

What a Drop Can Do


If Sun was the Lord, almighty

If clouds were the kingdom of heaven

Were you and I, but drops of rain

One life the distance from heaven to earth

Wouldn't we wish for rainbows?

Have a great day!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. Great poem ... really like it. ♥

    I had a nice Man told me once, you keep your eyes on what's Sacred and good, keep walking in that direction, not distracted by side roads, and you'll get there. Found a lot of truth in that in my own life at least. Things might not always turn out what you have decided in your head, but it's all good. :)

    No phone, no internet, no electric for awhile ... my mode of communication since being kind of isolated and not a phone talker. Gave me time to think, and I also did a little traveling to a Friend's house who had air conditioning ... hot and humid for a few days in the North .. hard to breathe in that humidity! Oh well, just have to remain flexible and optimistic. Here I am back at the cabin now though, all systems going. Even mine .. LOL!

    Hope the heat isn't too bad out your way.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete