Monday, June 11, 2012

Slowly We Turn

Good Afternoon,

Well, more of the same, only warmin' up again, from the cooler air, passed through; sunshine and breezy.

And, don't have a clue how or with what, we'll manage, but made it over to "The Bend" again, yesterday; whackin' sage, trimmin' tree limbs, with apologies and layin' out fence lines. Had made it over, twice before, once with my Navajo Elder friend, Paul Tohlakai and once just ta start sizin' things up, but yesterday, "Whichy", Princess Which Paw, pictured above, come with me; I think she got curious, when I went over with Paul, suspectin' there was somethin' of consequence afoot. And, after sizin' up the south and east line, see if, in fact, they happily met the north line, I called her up to the knoll, I figure for the main house, see if she approved. And, I'd say she was quite satisfied; not understanding, maybe, all the implications, but quite aware of the breeze, driftin' from the North, the proximity of the wilder woods, and the cliffs, critters I couldn't see, but whose company, fascination and interest, suited her just fine!

And, I must say, just whackin' sage, prunin' limbs, obstruct the line, it was sublime; likely a hundred times, I've done similar up here, other ranches, hole up in abandon homesteads, when I first come up, makin' pens, takin' on young horses for pay. But, this time it was different; some kinda peace, just knowin' I didn't have to tip toe around someone else's opinion, preferences, or space. This time, it was just for the horses, just for the kids, might come, just accordin' to Earth, herself, just to be together, alive and well. And, that's simply gorgeous; palpable beauty. Seemed, I could feel the earth, just lovin' me back, so willin', happy be molded to such a lovin' chore.

And, hopefully, I'll remember, everytime I go, just how fortunate we are; that would be a turn for the better, maybe first of many. That would be "The Medicine Bend".

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. Real purpose on a Spiritual journey makes everything right and come together, even cutting sage and limbs for laying out fence. Even the animals know. :)

    Inspiring. ♥

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete