Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Best Deal in Town

Good Mornin'

And, ya, might as well skip over the hot and breezy part; time I was up and out, it was already 85 degrees and we better figure on a bath today, 'fore my clothes get so stuck on me, I'll never get 'em off.

Did manage a start yesterday and I know that might sound funny, but just figure how much it takes, manage a small yard, even a acre or two, then figure 3000 acres, a small herd a horses, 2 burros and elk, keep runnin' back and forth cross your fences, a drought, haulin' water, hay prices up around $12/bale, a tent needs major repair, 'fore the monsoons hit and a whole barnyard needs spring cleanin', 'fore the owners show up; not to mention the book, the blog and "The Bend", or spendin' time with any of the critters, or my back give out, where I was favorin' my shoulder, give out 'fore that.

And, really, I aren't complainin', just tryin' ta give ya a picture, how much attitude can mean out here; so easy get overwhelmed and give up, somehow. Thus, my "start" and "how"; extra prayer time. Really, sometimes, it's just the voice, 'tween the ears, like the fella other day, with the tractor, gets too loud, "the world's gonna end, the world's gonna end; there's no time!". And, sometimes, ya just gotta "call the bluff", sit down and get quiet, stay there 'till reality sinks in and we sink into it; we're alive, it's amazing, there's hope.

Anyway, got up and started. Didn't get too far, phone calls and such, our title company that don't seem to know left from right, tryin' to close the deal on "The Bend", sendin' documents every which way, 'cept the spot they belong, but a start I made. And, it was beautiful, in it's own very simple way; just a closer walk.

I know, I'm stuck on that these days, but really, really, a closer walk with what, who, why? All, I can say, is I spent the time, did my best, get quiet and got up, feelin' well. And, when I got out and started, just started, right where I was, no priority list, no grand scheme, just started, that "well" I was feelin', it just stuck with me and things unfolded and a small difference was made. Occurred to me, things weren't all bad; "I bet I could do this again!"

All I did was stack a few pallets, move some trash out toward the truck and take a look, best way put the round pen back together, threw some feed and filled up water tubs. But, it went well, it felt good and it showed; even saw a way address the hay/pasture question, just for lettin' go my ideas, makin' do, the way it is.

So, this, my only conclusion, don't know how, don't know why, my head'll never get it, but somehow there's somethin', so full of "well", we get close, we spend time and it makes everything better; the hopeless, ain't and "no way", just "go way". Never, ever figure that; no, never! But, all these years, least I can do is admit, it's true; it works and wow, what a sweet, sweet, unbelievable deal!

Have a great day!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. A few steps here, a few steps there ... pretty soon you got ... well, a lot of steps! Might need some volunteers to make life a little more "oiled" since you have a lot happening all at once.

    It seems like it's always how it goes. Everything at once. Maybe time to find some young person with a lot of excess energy to burn who's anxious to learn about horses, and some of that energy on learning how to work hard and feel good about it. Might make a big difference in the load on your "back." It can take a toll on a body ... the machines get old ... not many spare parts really help. Some Docs do the best they can, bless them, but the new parts just don't work the same.

    Take care of yourself. I hope you can get some physical help ... the spiritual/heart/soul stuff is good with you. :)

    Looking out for my "Brother,"
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete