Thursday, June 7, 2012

Drift of Worry, Tides of Trust

Good Mornin'

Well, mild and clear, with only gentle breezes stirring. Rose a little slow and sore, but only natural, spring time, a day spent whackin' sage, try to clear another patch of grass for the boys. Just kind of ate, piece meal, small fire in the summer pit, as I pulled off boots and clothes, between makin' toast, heatin' beans and rice, half and ear on my heart teacher's voice, driftin' from my old cassette player, 'fore I ended up in a heap on my cot; generally fed, teethed brushed, face washed and way ready to sleep and consult, events and advice, creature, creator, friends.

I could feel my thoughts startin' to drift to the "worry side" as the day wore on and, I suppose, with time and tide, I've learned to count on the counsel of rest and prayer, diffuse and expose it, as a matter of time and perspective.

And, I did get to play with the boys, briefly, 'fore the evenin' gave way to night. And, like the pearl, formed by layer, or maybe, the onion, reduced, just a little closer, just a little more trust, just a little more confidence, revealed, in little gestures, of comfort and conversation. And, I'd like ta say, most in the eye of Ruben; that moment, after a go round or two, where I'm like to kneel and he's like to approach, for a moment willing to rest. Just a small space in time, he considers us together and willin', trade story and his twinkles, like a star from his heart through his eyes, like a signal from space, I long to decipher; the longing itself, understood as enough, a promise to be explored. Truly, priceless. But, Julio, too, in his own way, happy to be himself; jump a little less, express a little more, go through our rituals of groomin' and dancin', confident in the dimensions, sure of a flake when we're done. He's got a different way, his own star, his own corner of space, but there too, a story, a worry unfolds; possibility of good together.

So, maybe it's similar for all three of us; explorin' together, learnin' "relax". Stretchin' the moments into a life, day by day, just a little more. And, same way, I try, raise the bar, just a little for them and Creator seems to raise it for me.

Have a great day!

Best

1 comment:

  1. I guess we're all "stars" in our own right ... I wish the ones in Hollywood would live up to the name sometimes.

    Nice to fall in to bed tired enough to drift into the land of dreams, melts the drift of worry.

    Cutting sage must be quite a feat! I can feel the ache. I'll get that same thing stacking wood ... but I'm apt to take more breaks than you though.

    Beautiful view of your day,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete