Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Closer Walk

Good Mornin'

Well, the clouds moved off, the breezes only stirrin' slight and it's like to be a warm one.

Busy day yester, but we gotter' done; only the boys short their usual evenin' workout. But, they're havin' a little trouble adjustin' to alfalfa and so, after haulin' a tub to the bunch, I went out look at "The Bend", size up the pasture, condition of the posts, wire and lay out, estimate what and how long it'd take, get the boys out.

And, I suppose, I got another glimpse of the gift of "The Bend". Thinkin' about the boys and the bunch, each with their own distinct needs, blendin' it all into a cohesive and harmonious whole, it sure hit me how I'm like to need "a closer walk with Thee". That's an old gospel song, and a sweet one, but way more important to me present, "boy, is that true!". I suppose, past ten years has been kind of "trainin'" for "The Bend", workin' with the horses, them workin' on me, Grateful Herd Management, learnin' what it takes, keep everyone happy and well, inside and out, but the variables just compounded and "The Bend" gotta happen from scratch. And, I've been around long enough to know, "gettin' it right", don't, necessarily, just happen; so easy, get cocky, get careless, assume some small piece ain't important, but boy, I've been and seen, plenty others get bit by that "small piece" and end up with "big trouble".

But, I've also seen, the impossible work out just nice. Difference seems to me, attitude. I remember my need for good "walkin' company", no reason things won't work. And, to see that sink in, a little deeper, a little more, no bones clear, well, that is an unbeleivable gift. It just hit me yesterday, thinkin' about the boys and the bunch, "boy, I could think any number of things!", but then to stop and consider how present and fine Creator can be and how easy it'd be, steer my thoughts, if I just remembered to ask, that'd be a gift; that'd be a walk.

And, I suppose, someone might say, "well, if it's Creator, all powerful, you don't have to ask; Creator'll do whatever it wants!". And, the points well taken, but, seems to me, Creator, with all the love and wisdom, gave us the chance to make mistakes and learn, maybe, to ask. Why? Seems to me, 'cause it's just, so sweet; so respectful, both ways. The courtesy, not impose. The courtesy of askin'. The real and sweet, sweet walk; things workin' out and knowin' why, wow, that's a gift completely beyond. I just don't believe words can go there; what it means to know, "you, really and truly, aren't alone" and just how fine, clever and charmin', that company can be, for us. Huge.


Have a great day!

Best

P.S. Thanks, again for the great work of Brandon Johnson, photographer.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that hymn. :) Those 3 little words are jam packed with knowledge ... letting go of control, relaxing and knowing it's all in the Creator's hands while you do the best you can even though it sure looks overwhelming, and the big one ... trusting it's going to be "right" which ever way it turns out. Really does seem impossible sometimes ... kind of humbling.

    You've had an amazing 10 years, some of the hard parts making you stronger and some softer inside ... I bet the next 10 years are going to be even more amazing! I believe it to be so anyway. :)

    Blessed visions,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete