Monday, June 4, 2012

Eye of Beholdin'

Good Mornin'

Well, the full moon passed without major incident; I sure thought about Queenie and her "baby dilemma", but with all the other things needin' attention and my concern for the other girls in the herd, no action was takin'. All the fences are marginal right now, and I pull Queenie out for a "soiree" with Ruben, Julio's like to throw a fit and the other girls are like to figure, they could make a break and get some too; special Big Missie, the very sweet, not very smart, large paint mare, that has already demonstrated her disregard for fences and twice, come up to flirt with the boys, middle of the night. So, steady as we go. Worst we had, the boys askin' for more groceries, middle of the night, full moon lightin' the yard, good as a cloudy day.

Did get a real bath, hot as it was and even managed to "dodge the midge"; tiny little black flies just cropped up. They bite like they must be all teeth and in the most inconvenient spots!

Trick is, seems to me, heat comin' on like it is, keep a balance, 'tween the doin' and the feelin'. So much to do, but there are priorities and less I'm clear, I'm like ta get it backwards, not to mention issues of caution, like snakes, where I get goin' too fast or stumblin' around in a tizzy, I can get a quick and painful reminder, "be conscious!".

So, we'll try again, balance the load, keep a perspective and most of all enjoy the process. It really is amazin', how easy it is get focused on the visible results and they are important, no doubt; made some progress on the new patch for the boys and, hopefully it'll buy a little feed and it does look nice. But, end of the day, if I got everything done, but nobody enjoyed a thing, there was no sense of co-munity, no awareness of each other, my self, kindness, no affection, no learnin', nothin' new, seems to me that would just be survival. And, while that is a plus, it does occur to me, Creator'd have to be kinda dumb, if he/she put us here, just to survive; what'd be the point? We're born to survive 'till we die.

I look around, take in this incredibly intricate, network of life and to suppose, something so intricate and genius, had no point; just can not see that.

But, to brush old Julio, see him enjoy, then look at me with wonder, curiosity, like he'd never really noticed me before, to give old Ruben a toot around the pen, then stop and meet, spend a moment, eye in eye, knowin', beholdin' each other, then hear him sigh, good with "together" and considerin' life might hold a promise; that's brand new, for us, here, wherever we are, that's never happened, just like that, ever before. And, maybe we let go, just a little, maybe relax, just a little and maybe life arcs, like some subtle form of lightning, from sky to earth, from soul to soul and we glimpse in it's momentary light, some tender new possibility of life, alone together on planet earth; now that'd run con-sistent, worth all the trouble, someone went through, put this whole creation in motion. Just another miracle, hid in another day's work.

Have a great one!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. That's so true .. you'll never get it all done, so whatever it is you're doing, you might as well be present in the moment and do a good job.

    Sounds good the trust of the horses ... the wild things considering you as equal while on their turf. They know how to live in the land. Most folks are just not comfortable without all the gadgets, right furniture, grass to mow, lawn chairs. I have some nice stumps in the clearing though ... LOL! Living like a horse would take a lot of sorting things out.

    I've noticed with my little rescue dog, Hannah, that if I watch and listen, she'll "talk" to me, tell me what she needs, even thanks me sometimes. The animals have "language." It's just not full of a lot of yapping. Thank, God!

    Grateful for the horse talk interpretation, Jeune. Feels good. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete