Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mugwort

Good Mornin'

Well, we did get some more build up yesterday; another squall and another sprinkle. All, to say, hot and breezy, again.

And, wonder of wonders, I did go over ta see the local medicine man again, yesterday, thinkin' it was payback; help him with his wood pile. Only to find he was thinkin' to treat my shoulder again. Well, I protested, best I could, my concern for how I'd ever pay him back, busy as I was and that my shoulder was comin' along o.k.. Didn't work and another treatment I got; even included my back this time, where I'd thrown it out favorin' my shoulder. Quite amazin', where the pain had already quit, on the back side, but when I got up, I realized, I must a learned to compensate, as I now felt quite newly relaxed and able to walk and bend freely.

Anyway, just goes to show, I suppose, it's a good thing we got company; all by ourselves, we're apt, get all twisted up and never know the difference.

His wife was there, too this time and I had taken the book, our last proof, case she wanted to take a peek, where she'd ordered a copy, few months back. She really liked it and talked about orderin' two more copies. She's a very cheery, outgoin' woman, almost 60, like my self, but very youthful and healthy, to the eye, with red hair and big, bright blue eyes.

So, it all went well and now I know, I might can pay 'em back, in part, with another copy of the book. Likely, still try and help with the wood pile, get a chance; such a pleasure spendin' time with them, let alone his skill and wisdom with his healin' ways. I can still smell that mugwort he burns, heat the needles he uses; such an earthy, rich, musty fragrance. Don't understand anything about the "why", but just that fragrance, touches something inside, leavin' ya quite sure, ya will get better.

And, now I've got 5 days, 'fore the owners show up and plenty a clean up, keep me busy; make pretty and prepare, close one chapter, start another, The Medicine Bend Association.

Have a nice day!

Best, always!


jeune

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what kind of mugwort the Medicine Man uses? We have some up here I could send if it's the "right" kind .. many varieties. Glad you got to see him and his awesome happy wife. :) What a great visit!

    I've about got my tornado of a cabin under some semblance of order ... you'll probably be done before me, but I keep at it everyday. I hope the visit with the owners is a good one. :)

    Sleep well and cool,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete