Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dance of Feed and Water

Good Mornin'

And, I won't even repeat the weather forecast, as, I figure, there's only so many ways, say "hot and breezy".

Not a bad day there, yesterday; fed my last servin' of alfalfa, turn the boys loose on the run, let 'em pass and hour, find out ther ain't a blade a grass left, meanwhile I whacked the last few bunches a rabbit brush on the other patch, expose the last few bunches a grass there. Then, I let 'em back in and opened the other gate, figurin', I then, had a couple of hours harrass my neighbors, see if they'd sell me a bale or two. It worked. I came back with two bales a slightly dusty grass hay that I traded for two a my 12$ bales a alfalfa I got comin' in Friday. I think that's called, "one step forward, two steps back.". That neighbor's a good ol' boy, bottom line, but he'll never miss a chance get ya, ever so slight, less it's clear serious, then he'd give ya the shirt off his back. Both, him and his wife are like that, growin' up, here, local, makin' do with deer meat and potatoes, save one bag a green chile and one bag a beans, once a year.

I even had a chance, sneak in a wee nap, lick and promise on some prayer time, 'fore it was time, fill the water truck and size up the yard for some way I might squeeze it, for another bale today.

I hauled off the water and hoped to see the wild bunch, but light was fadin' and I was tarred. Spotted 'em off in the distance, but didn't have the steam, make the poke; start haulin' off old junk I cleaned up, here, recent and hopeful, see 'em today.

And, I suppose, that'll do, for now; tear the pen apart and re-configure, while the boys are shade up for noon. There's a few clumps a grass west of the barn and I think I got panels to reach.

Have a great day!

Best,

P.S. You can see the wild bunch in the picture, but ya might have to zoom, three, four times. Way off yonder, you'll see a little white speck and a little black dot; that'd be Queenie and Big. Always nice, have a grey mare; half the time, only way I find the bunch.


jeune

1 comment:

  1. Oh am I late tonight. It was one of those days where in order to do one thing, you had to do three other things to get the job done. Then two more things because that's how it goes ... LOL!

    Love the picture of the wide open spaces and beautiful sky. I can see the grey "spot." :) Gorgeous photo.

    Glad it's only 2 more days until hayday for you .... horses can sure be resourceful when they have to be ... so can some people. :) I have all faith in you.

    Blessings.
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete