Sunday, May 27, 2012

Partners

Good Mornin'

Well, even cooler this mornin'! Has started to blow again, but doesn't feel like it's gonna blow quite so hard as yesterday; see what happens.

Otherwise the smoke did clear, where the wind has shifted, comin' out the northwest, this mornin. Afternoon, yesterday, got so bad, I even started lookin' round, make sure ther wasn't somethin', actually burnin', here close by.

But, life's like that out here; sometimes ridin' in the clay hills, you can get disoriented, wonderin' if you're lookin' at something large, far away, or small close up. Other day, walkin' to the neighbors, feed the critters, I started hearin' a buzz, when I was passin' this little grove of juniper. It'd been on my mind, the rattlesnakes'd be out soon, if they weren't already, so I stopped and looked around, turned my head this way and that, see if I could figure what and where. Then I kinda jumped, 'cause all of a sudden, it sounded like it was right next to me. Took me a day or two, similar situation, figure, "oh, the cicadas are out this year!". And, way they play, with the wind and all, that sound'll drift all over.

Or, the other day, comin' back from town, seein' those cliffs, 'cause the light had changed with the smoke. I guess, where there aren't so many people and man made structures, ya got ta keep checkin', see where y'are, what's up, did somethin' change and if everybody's still, relatively safe. Upside, I suppose, most of the time, y'end up bein' pleasantly surprised, by somethin' beautiful, you never noticed before.

So, ya see, this is why I'm a little "different"; I'm bein' nice. Ya can't live your whole life bein' freaked out about things, but ya do kinda end up in this funny state of awareness; afterall, the beautiful Cougar is also dangerous, and the dangerous rattlesnake is also beautiful. So, seems ta me, there's a curious balance, 'tween trust and attention; maybe ya trust that we can get along and you pay attention, 'cause gettin' along, does require a little respect for our differences.

Which is all quite interestin' to me, as I did wake up this mornin', thinkin' on some a the new responsibilities, might come with this new piece a ground and how ya manage them, 'out gettin' all hot headed. And, I'll just bet it's kinda similar; a combination of trust and awareness.

Time ta play with ponies!

Have a great day.

Best, always!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the cicadas singing at my Cherokee Grandma's house in Arkansas ... wow ... they can really carry a loud tune. :) I loved it!

    One of my Friend's dog got a rattlesnake bite a couple of days ago ... she said it was a "dry" bite, but soaked it in epsom salts a lot, and boy did it puff up and drain. Temp is down on the dog and no neurological signs. She raises Labs. Lives in Washington state. Has to keep her wits about her. Yellow sac spiders there too.

    Yes, I love the "wild" but you have to have your head up and walk in it like the animals do .. very alert and aware. I was going to town, and after the fire and all this last week of heavy, heavy rain, the road washed into the lake ... steep drop off and strong current. Would be hard to make it if it went while you were driving over it. The police were there and had the area lit up like Christmas and will have to be there all night to guard it ... I imagine with the heavy rains predicted tonight, the rest of the road will go in the lake. Quite a waterfall coming off the ridge I'm on. Glad I'm high and the road goes the other way around the lake too.

    You're right ... life can sure get complicated in your head ... but trust and awareness gets you through every time.

    Blessings and watch your step,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete