Friday, May 4, 2012

The Weave

Good Mornin'

Well, a fine mornin'! And, I'm actually on the bus to Bernalillo; caught my ride at the post office at 7am and made the bus at 8:25.

Kinda hard leavin' the critters, but I traded the neighbors a jar a peanut butter, come by noon time, check on the bunch and I should be back by 5pm.

Quite beautiful comin' in to Cuba, early mornin' springtime; everything yet green, from the winter's snow. Valleys, all misty; floors a sparkle with diamond dew. And, the road south, always a treat; the strange blend of other worldy beauty, from the starkest red rocks to the lushest river beds.

But, ya the critters; we weave quite a rug. Make a Navajo proud! One thread pulled out, everybody knows. They all continue, I know, muchin' and wanderin', gazin' over their fences, as I gaze out the bus window; but, we all breath just a little shorter, seems ta me, waitin' on that missin' thread. Make our pattern whole.

Have a great day!

Best

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I like "the floors a sparkle with diamond dew." What a sight! :) Wonderful journey, Jeune. :)
    I know what you mean about the critters though ... always hard on the heart. They seem like little Kids wondering where their Parent went. Nice reunion when you get home though.
    Enjoy your different view on the world ... but then come home to your beautiful Navajo rug. :) There's no place like it.

    Smiling for your Journey,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete