Saturday, May 26, 2012

One Man's Greek

Good Afternoon

Well, blowin' again! Hard to believe I'm actually developin' some affection for theirself, or maybe it's just this one; plumb outta the south and cool. Maybe there's some moisture in it, or maybe it's just the cool of it, but blowin' it is. Pretty much sustained, up near 40 miles an hour, CWAG! (That'd be, certified wild arse guess.)

Might keep it short today; spent yesterday figurin' a short term fix for my hay conundrums. Ended up borrowin' three-four days worth from my neighbors, 'till I can drum up some dough and a deal, get a few bales from the feed store down south. And, I sure need to haul water; with all this wind, evaporation on top a thirsty critters, even 200 gallons, only like ta last 2 days.

I was thinkin' on a related subject, just the past few days; how some folks are apt ta come up here, few weeks in the summer, look around and wonder why some of us don't seem ta make much progress. Well, if they stuck around, rest of the year, helped hold on to my tent in the wind, cut some wood when it's twenty below, waded through the mud, on the melt, waited out the monsoons and fixed a little fence, when it's ninety degrees, it just might answer their question. But, that ain't like ta happen, so, I just take it for reminder; ya know that thing about not judgin', 'till ya walked a mile. Well, just as easy for me, judge someone else and much as we're like to pretend, fact is, we are all incredibly different; what's easy for one, sure can be greek for the other.

Just the other day at the parts store, Clement, the owner was askin' about my eyes; he offered how cataracts are easily fixed and I responded that the price was, too! Then he offered how I should just find a high dollar job, for a few months and I just looked at him and smiled; I don't believe there's any way, explain, all the times in my life I tried to "make money". I don't think you'd believe me; I don't believe it! All I can say, having, truly tried and tried, every which way, for some folks, try as they might, money and the whole process, goes with it, is just plain greek.

Sides, I found a job like that, who'd take care a the horses? Livin' things aren't exactly appliances; easily turned on and off. That I understand.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. I sure hear ya! LOL! Folks come here and sit in my rocking chairs and wonder what the heck I do up here. Wellll .... haul water, heat water for shower, heat water for washing dishes, take care of the dogs, .... fixing, fixing, fixing. I find this good though. I don't think I'd make it too long in an office cubicle.

    How's that saying go, "Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways."

    You're walking straight, Creator knows what you need before you even ask.

    Another rainy day in the Northwoods. After a week of this, I think our drought is over. Still heating. Could use a little more wood for next year's order.

    Don't blow away ... you'd be sorely missed. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete