Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Rose Glow

Good Mornin'

Well, started right out thunderin', lightnin' and blowin', first thing! Now, it seems to be breakin' up and the suns peekin' through.

Don't know exactly what happened yesterday; did "commence ta bathe". Got out the horse clippers, give myself a haircut and the beginnin' of a shave, down by the barn where I got power and a mirror. And, got my top half scrubbed, from a pan on the wood stove, freshly scented with a little Murphy's Pure Vegetable Oil soap; 98% naturally derived. Cleans to a natural shine; says so right on the label.

But, that was as far as I got. Mighta been the unsettled weather, off and on showers and wind, mighta been the usual spring acclimation, but I couldn't get warm and my stomach kinda knotted up, so I just did the basics of feed and water, found some pretty dry firewood and packed it in; beans and beddin' 'fore the sky was full dark. (Actually, kinda enjoy those evenin's as it reminds me of "little", summer time, when eight o'clock bedtime meant layin' down with the sky still a rosey glow.)

Anyway, maybe, thunderstorms played out early, today'll shape up a little more steady and I'll make some headway. See what happens, but I suppose, also, this meetin' with the trustees on our little parcel, I am inclined, make sure my stillness and attitude are well set and sunny, as they regular, prove their merit and worth, whatever presents itself.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts about your stomach and glad you're "naturally shiny clean."

    What a wonderful dream you're realizing. :) That's the good stuff of life .... helping others with your talents. If we all were like that, everyone would go around with a good countenance.

    Good day in the North ... red flag fire danger though, but the wind has laid down a lot. Easier to sleep. Loons are calling back and forth .... very serene music to drift into dreamland.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Beautiful photo up top ... love that kind of sky.

      Delete