Friday, May 25, 2012

Just a Ride to Cuba and Back

Good Mornin'

Well, the weatherwomen must be on a roll; actually panned out kinda like they said. Blew like a banshee, there Weddin' Day, not too bad there Jester Day and here we are Fried, eh?, and here they come again.

Made the trip to Cuba, right in the middle, just as we'd hoped; day it didn't blow so bad. And, a pretty fair day, all in all. Got my chores done, ate, wrote the log, pulled my water tank out the truck, fired it up and made it the post office, five passed twelve; my neighbor waitin' patient. Had a nice drive in and did decide to splurge on a load a laundry; four pair a jeans and four shirts. Give me a leg up on summer laundry and my clothes an overdue thrashin', like those machines are accustom; real soap and all.

Had a visit here and there, some Navajo elders and kids, one celebritory cup of coffee at the Stop and Go, got my groceries, only a five minute wait for my ride and headed home, with brief stop at Gil's Auto , the Catholic Church and the gas station; my neighbors agenda.

Extremely smooth and enjoyable; me and the neighbor chattin' on this and that, horses, kids, friends, fences and pastures. I remember when we turned on to 595, offa 96, Regina Valley, crossed the divide west, got back up on our high desert valley headed north through the sage, sand and pin~on, looking off to the west, what I always thought of as hills. There's still quite some smoke in the air from the fires down south; not so much ta cause alarm, but just enough ta change the light, ever so slight. And, to my amazement, those "hills" I always imagined, off in the distance to the west, well, way the light was playin' with the smoke, they were all lit up, just so; come to find out they were cliffs! Drivven that road a thousand times, just about that time a day; never seen those cliffs, never knew how pretty they was. Never even knew they was there.

Great thing about livin' out here, little by little, come ta find out, this is connected to that; what I thought from over there, was the front side a this, turns out to be the back side of that and you really could get there from here, if you ever had a mind. All our conversations of horses and kids, friends, fences and pastures, maybe it all looks a little different, just with a ride to town, hazy spring day and maybe just a little better.

Finally made it home, a brief stop at the Cafe', borrow a drop of glue for my glasses; sat upon by accident. Threw a flake for the mustang boys, did my neighbor chores, bull, pony, goats and chicken, come back and turned the boys, out for a bite and a romp. We all get a tickle come time to go in; the boys considerin', "time for some fun". They know we'll end up in for the night, but, they can bust for a sprint back and forth, and maybe another or two, well, turnin' it in ain't all that bad, 'cause they just showed the cowboy "who's who"! And, bust they did; back and forth and forth and back. Flattenin' out like missles, slippin through trees like the wind; buckin' and prancin' back, the corral and peekin' ta see, they might do it again.

So, like ta say in the North, land a my first years on earth, it really was, a very fine day and, sure, "a good time was had!".

Here's hopin' yours, is even, best!

Regards,

1 comment:

  1. Different perspective can be an amazing thing. :) I bet the cliffs are unbelievable. I think our minds are so busy, our eyes can't see. Mine gets that way sometimes a least.

    What a good day you had. I watched an eagle family slip through the tight-packed pine trees once ... bald eagles, BIG birds ... my, they were having fun, so skillful, so effortless ... the Eagle kids making the Ravens irritated and the Parents scolding the kids to hurry up and come along ... LOL!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete