Sunday, May 6, 2012

Coyote Neighbor

Good Mornin'

Well, another peach of a day; looks like. Cool, sunny and still.

Startin' to recuperate, from the grand escapade; Querque and back, one day. Might have ta re-think some a my habits and winter diet, but same thing happened last spring. Winter time, seems, I just eat whatever and as much as possible, keep the furnace crankin'. Things start ta warm up and the old carcass starts to wonder about a break; maybe some healthier fare and a little less caffeine. And, occurs to me, I might have to consider some kind a regular stretchin'; went to pull on somethin' yesterday and somethin' let go in my shoulder. Been tryin' to shake it off, since, but doggone if it don't smart. Too much computin' and correspondin', I say; not enough time, out and about, chorin' and playin' with ponies.

Anyway, little by little, we'll find a way. Is the nice side a writin' a smidge; I get ta remind myself of the bigger picture and a postive attitude. And, come ta think of it, I was rememberin' just that, other day. My heart teacher, so often remindin' me about patience and the certainty that things will change; "Things aren't goin' so good, wait a while; they'll get better. Things are great, wait a while; they'll go wrong.". And, I know that sounds funny, but it really helps me; just that clarity, that up and down, is the nature of things. My job, not to get stuck in the dump, good or bad, but to keep my eye on the long haul and opportunity I have to give and to grow and to walk with the timeless; should I, so incline.

And, truly, that helps! Seems to me that's the ultimate "jail house"; things gatherin' around and about, promisin', "this'll never change!". And, our heart starts bleedin' hope; THE MOST "vital" fluid. So, just to remember, "no, it's temporary", really, really does help.

And, I suppose that's the lesson of "Coyote"; "ya wanta make it out here, you WILL need all your wits and to use 'em wise!". And, if it's a little wisdom from an Elder, keeps me in the game, I'll take it.

Don't know if you've ever had a chance to really look at a coyote's eyes, but they are amazin'! One fall, few years back, a big stud dog was crossin' from the neighbors West over to our place, cross the county road, just north a the low gate. He sat down in the pasture, just this side of a thick and just looked out over the valley, me, the horses and dogs, all the goin's on, and I happened to have my bi-nocs. I was really quite amazed, seein' his face up close; talk about a "poker face", jimminy! Kinda smilin', which leant a squint to his eyes and an aire of non-chalance, but just behind the "aire", boy, was he aware, awake and alive; unbeleivable!

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. Good exercise every day does help. Can you raise your hand/arm above your head? If not, I'd start thinking rotator cuff and take it easy on it for awhile.

    Love the world from the coyotes eyes you talked about!!! He's free, doesn't own anything, no burdens on his back, doesn't want to "own" anything. He knows life is short, eat dessert first ... LOL! What a peaceful heart sitting there surveying the land he wanders. He has no cabin, no chairs, sleeps where he wants, and SMILES about it. :)

    I always like what Chief Seattle said about "how can you buy or sell the sky? the land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them? Every part of the earth is sacred to my people. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every meadow, every humming insect. All are holy in the memory and experience of my people." And I think that's how it should be. The coyote knows that ... and he lives it too. Love that story, Jeune.

    Ezekiel bread is good and extremely healthy when you're hungry .. whole sprouted grains .. good with cheese or honey and cinnamon, peanut butter used minimally. Excellent source of energy and all the amino acids of protein. Good start toward good eating anyway. It's in the freezer section to keep it nice and fresh. I always toast it.

    Do what you like first ... work the other stuff in around it. Winter will come fast. That's my time for sitting more. I seem to never ever get it all done, because you're right, as soon as everything is perfect, next minute, I need to fix my roof. Oh life is a funny little mischief maker ... makes me smile!

    Good thoughts for your shoulder,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete