Thursday, May 3, 2012

Now and Forever

Good Mornin'

And, another peach! A little breezy, no doubt, but any day you can stand up and walk around, out the wind knockin' ya down and around, it's a good day; springtime New Mexico.

Got kinda caught up on the phone this mornin' and I oughta line up my ducks, try again for Albuquerque, man~ana, but I reckin' I'm pretty well addicted to this "good mornin'" stuff.

And, I did get to read through the book again, gettin' ready to send it off to the printer. Pleasantly surprised, I'd say; I wondered after all this writin' the "web log", etc., that I might find it clumsy and lackin'. But, truth is, I liked it! Don't suppose that means much to anybody else, but I genuinely liked it.

And, yes, that is funny! I mean, shouldn't I be all worried about what other people think and whether or not it'll be successful? Maybe; but way I figure, if it's got some charm and it does say somethin', fairly accurate, to what I've lived, good enough. The rest will be, what the rest will be that!

What can I say? I've just had the good fortune of knowin' some wonderful people in my life and I guess this is the best of all they gave me; "if something's worth doin', not only is it worth doin' right, but it's worth doin', all by itself; no matter what!"

And, simultaneous, I find "today" and "forever", right there; in them, in myself and all that surrounds me. Very funny how "meanin'" really does seem to connect to some kinda "whole", where, so often, our best "logic", which would seem to connect, leaves us adrift and bemused; "how is this possible, I had it all thought out?". Well, all I can figure, life never agreed ta be what we think!

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. "We do not suffer because we fail to fulfill a false desire. We suffer because we possess the false desire." That's what trying to impress people would feel like.
    I always like what Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Women Who Run with the Wolves) had to say about making yourself a "homemade" life. Get involved with your life, touch the earth, plant some flowers, walk the dog, wash dishes by hand. Enjoy what's right in front of you this moment ... live simply, avoiding chaos, confusion, and ultimately exhaustion, wondering how we got to that awful place. Life is really the most wonderful do-it-yourself project there is ... LOL!

    So, now we'll get to see a small window into your homemade life. Thank you. So much drivel printed in the world today ... your book will be a breath of fresh air. It will be "genuine."

    Happy Trails Tomorrow,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete