Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prince Albert In A Can; Uncle Albert In My Horse

Good Mornin'

Well, another be you tea full mornin' and, come ta think of it, I am "tea full"; two small cups anyway. And, the breezes are stirrin' early, just as the weather lady indicated they might. Had figured to go to town, but they start blowin', way they say, might have to re-consider; tie down my tent and get up on the barn, where there's still one piece a tin gone and another like to leave, 'less I add a nail or two.

Already, got a couple of notes from a good friend with whom I trade thoughts and inspiration on this "livin' alive" question and I gotta say, it is plumb amazin'; why outta the blue they'd say what they said this mornin'. Or, how I can go to sleep with questions, that I can't even articulate and wake up with answers. Makes me think of this quote I've been stuck on, past few days; Uncle Albert.


"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

I guess, the thing becomin' more and more clear to me, the difference 'tween an "intelligent fool" and genius. Seems to me I become that "intelligent fool" when I start thinkin' it's all up to me. I start "movin' in the opposite direction, when I recognise and trust the genius of "Life". And, I suppose that takes a little courage; maybe a lot as our dear uncle suggests. Or, maybe a little just seems like a lot, 'cause we are so "un-used" to the practice.

And, what a beautiful fact! We don't and never will "own" life; it's a gift. Don't recall decidin' to be born and I don't, particular "plan" on dyin'; it just happens. So, seems to me, the genius; ain't anything we can own. Fact it's that very notion, might cut us off. But, a little courage, admit we don't own it, walk out on that hand made, home made, three rope suspension bridge and all of a sudden, there it is; things we could never imagine.

And, yup, it's fine and curious stuff; like to show just so, where nobody'd know, 'less they was really payin' attention. Those are the "miracles" just make me smile; I know it happened, but try as I might, it'd never "explain". Never, never, never! And, you just gotta shake your head and accept; "wow, it's personal, what a gift!". And, maybe ya just relax, a little bit more, real quiet, inside yourself; take another step.

Kinda similar, maybe with Ruben, one the mustang boys. He sure is slow ta trust. And there are folks promote this whole shock thing; "gotta take him back to where and how scared he may have got and take him through, out the other side". And they could be dead right. But, occurs to me, "I just don't know how that all works, who came up with, if it's all true and what Ruben may or may not have been through, or if he's exactly like any other horse, ever has been and whether that'd "fit" on him!". So, I try stuff and I watch, see, what might touch and what seems ta miss. But, maybe most of all, I look for the feel of together; it's him and it's me and however "far" we get or don't, we're together. And, that might be good as it'll ever get, all by itself; improve or not. And, maybe that becomes "genius" in and of itself; 'cause it's just so much fun! I mean what good would "genius" be, if it didn't feel good; if it were just some "notion" of perfection, way off on some horion. Ta me, genius only becomes genius 'cause it's good and I can feel it; and just maybe, see it lookin' back at me.

Have a great day!

Best,


P.S. Thanks, again to Brandon Johnson, Santa Fe Photography Pro

1 comment:

  1. Interesting about Ruben. Maybe his translation of "trust" and a human's translation is very different. You getting close enough to touch him, maybe that's all "he" wants from humans. Sounds pretty sure of who he is .... simple, wild, and free ... no need to build monuments to himself. No need to prove anything to the 2-leggeds.

    I'm not so sure if I was a wild thing I'd be in a hurry to cozy up to humans. Why would I want/need to? Wonder how it would feel to stand by him, Ruben not being instinct injured and still at home in his own skin, knows what he wants, doesn't need any approval for being this or that.

    Love Uncle Albert's quote ... now that's one for the eternal record books. I read now there is a new "tallest building in the world" ... I wondered "why?" What's the point of that.

    Sounds like your day has been handed over to Ancient Wisdom .... what a good day. :) I believe it only gets "better."

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete