Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jeune By a Nose

Good Afternoon

And, ya, this is a first; pretty much, near as I can tell. Though, it may have happened once or twice, I threw a log away, this is the first time I wrote a second; first one got "banned in boston!". Really quite hilarious. One a my best friends and "erstwhile" editor, actually had the "chutzpah", tear up the first one. And, you might not get the humor of it all, right off the bat, but he did it with such craft and good humor, I could only stand in awe and watch the pieces fly, aware that he really had a point and, that I will certainly ressurect it, one a these days, clean it up and get it in, on the "QT", as I'm not like to relinquish a point, however poorly I may have expressed it.

Anyway, him bein' as genius as he is, he did bring up somethin' gorgeous in the process and thus, my second "log" of the day. He said, "you know, in one of your logs, you talked about the horses, standin' with their noses into a breeze and in another, you mention them standin' with their butts into the wind; what's the difference?". I thought for a minute and it hit me; they're like to face a breeze, 'cause in it's gentle nature, it'll carry information, sounds and smells. A wind on the other hand, in it's more agressive nature, won't inform, so much as offend, so it gets the butt!

I don't know about you, but I was dumb foundered! I'd never thought of it, just like that. Then, I remembered workin' with the mustang boys, lately and how, after years now, of waitin' and watchin', my early efforts, clearly off the mark, we were really startin' to connect, here, recent. I put the two stories side by side and there it was; I was the wind. And, sure enough, early on, kind of aggressive. Maybe not physically, but kinda sure of myself and my assumptions and, sure enough, I got ta see a lot of butt. Here now recent, after so much waitin' and watchin', informed by their beautiful selves, assumptions aside, you could say, I'm more like a breeze; allowin' myself to be informed, more informative. And, sure enough, I'm seein' a lot more nose. Such a simple point, such a big difference; I still can't get over it and, god willin', I never will.

So, case you were shy, missin' my traditional weather report/introduction, it is a gorgeous day in Lindrith; blue skies, sunshine and ya, a gentle breeze.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. Folks who get themselves "mooned" by those who are of a different mind might learn something from this..... or not, which is probably why they deserved the mooning in the first place. Funny how humans and horses are more alike than some might like to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellllll .... I'm glad to hear you're getting to see the Mustang Boys' faces more now. :D It's truly a fact. I suppose you come at things like a hurricane, folks are apt to put plywood over their windows. A gentle breeze, they'll open the windows and enjoy the softness ... kind of mesmerizing that soft breeze caressing face and heart.

    Horse smarts. More humans ought to have some, and the horses didn't even have to say a thing or use a computer ... just turned the other "cheek." :D

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete