Friday, April 13, 2012

The Eyes Have It

Good Mornin'

Well, sunny, mild with a few high clouds; gentle breeze from the south and, a course a little cooler, with the front that came through.

Looks like it's a go, pick up the burros, so I better not stay too long here, this mornin'; I still gotta get a couple of panels up, finish off their pen. And, Stinky's crashin' about the tent this mornin', lookin' for a scratch. If I don't get out the brush, here, pretty quick, he'll have the whole place tore up.

But, I do enjoy, takin' a little time, say good mornin' and seein' what might come out. Funny, we are us humans; seems we really come in layers. One layer, we seem, all about doin', but given a chance, like writin' a smidge and, lo and behold, there might be all kinda stuff goin' on, just under that layer. And, thing I find, if I get a feel for the stuff, just under the "doin' part", it seems ta kinda smooth out the doin' and put it all in a better light.

Seems like I been comin' across a lot of referrences to the power of awareness, late. And, sure enough, seein' it with my mustang boys; Julio with his mites and gettin' him used to soap and sponges and me scrubbin' some a his more personal spots, Ruben with his wild ways and lack of any good reason, associate with the likes a me. Thing I see, is me gettin' quiet and admittin', "I really don't know", waitin' and watchin' for clues. It's really quite funny, special with them; there's a part a me wants to jump in and say, "look, this is how it is and this is where we're goin'". Then, special with them, as I've noticed with "wilder" critters, I'm re-minded, "if it ain't right, it ain't right and forcin' it, ain't never gonna make it right!".

Really and truly, a fantastic process! Again and again, asked to let go, re-examine, get smaller and smaller, 'till the little things I'm missin', get large enough for me to notice. Ya know that sayin', "the devil's in the detail"? Well, to me, this is the fantastic truth a the matter. And, curious enough, a wise man, couple a thousand years back, talked about "size" as a factor, as regards our destination; I'm rememberin' the camel and the eye of the needle.

So, here's my two cents for the mornin'; those devilish details are only devilish, if we forget where we're goin'! Remember what we're up to, here on Mother Earth, what's on the other side a "the eye" and those "devilish details" might just turn into to gifts, angels, from the "other side", help us come along; get a little smaller.

Wonderful thing about smaller, it's generally lighter.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. Less is indeed more. :)
    I hope the burro loading goes easy, and they'e all settled into their new home. I love their "necklaces." :D
    Awake and aware .... not living half asleep ... such a gift.
    What was it Thoreau said, "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

    Blessings!
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete