Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reality Check

Good Mornin'

Well, got some cloud cover; come in yesterday afternoon. No moisture yet, but even the cover gives the grass a break and chance ta drink up what's already in the ground.

Never did make it to the Querque City, yesterday, but, as it turned out, I wouldn't a made it if I tried; my ride's truck broke down half way. Little "thank you" in there on my part; whatever "came up" on my end, pulled me outta the game, saved me a whole day a sittin' around Cuba, waitin' for a ride home.

And, even a little disco embobulated, from my three o'clock risin', I did get quite some done, even if most folks'd likely disagree. What I mean is, it might not a looked like much; visitin' the wild bunch, playin' with Ruben. And, well, I did haul some water and fix a little fence in the process, but truly, the real thing was the ponies.

Not only was it "be you tea full", in it's own right, but I think it mighta took me one step closer ta seein' exactly what it is, I'd like ta pass on, given a chance.

Now, this may well be too large a topic for a weblog like this, but really, quite a bunch a things come together yesterday, paintin' quite a picture; the long and the short of it "relationship".

One, was a story from a friend about a couple he knew, retired. They just got a place in the country and some horses, so they could "ride"; they didn't know anything about horses. He was goin' to visit them in the hospital.

Another, was a friend from California all upset about a relationship that wan't goin' well.

Another, was a conversation with a friend, had some big ideas about doin' x,y and z with horses and kids, soon as they got outta the hospital, since his horses ran over him.

Then, there was my visit with the wild bunch, (nobody hurt!), and my hour, hour and a half, exchange of ideas and affection with Ruben, where I do believe, we came a little closer to some real understandin'; again, nobody hurt.

Now, as I said, this may be too big a topic, for a brief undertakin', but the most stunnin' detail in all of this, seems to me, my visit with the wild bunch. Why; 'cause so little "happened" and yet, it was so remakable.

I hadn't seen 'em for a day or three and I could tell they'd come by the low gate, down the hill, 'cause I'd heard the boys hollerin' their "hallooos" from the barn. It had cooled off and a small flake, never hurts, spring time, as the fiber slows down the rush of sugar from the new grass. So, I took a few flakes, filled up the water tank and headed out to "the grove in the middle" where I set the stock tank. I come across the bunch, half way out, munchin', but noticin' and wonderin' if I might stop by. I stopped on the dirt road quarter mile from the bunch, gathered up my four flakes and headed out to visit. Queeny, a course, the first ta figure a bite and a visit, a good interlude, give up the grass and begun ta sachay my way, the rest, one by one, considerin' she was right.

I spread out three flakes in six piles and walked the last flake out ta big, who don't walk more than he must, on account a his sore feet. We visited and traded scratches with the curry I'd brought; checked all our legs for cuts, bumps and/or ticks. Snuck in a kiss here and there, just the girls a course, and had a few good ear rubs and long moments of "chin on the shoulder, nose in the hair".

When I figured we'd about covered it, I headed back to the truck. As I started it up and continued on North to the grove, I noticed all the ponies, spread out like small sailboats moored in a harbor, all pointin' into the wind, just dozin' content; only the wind was the water and our love, clearly tether and sail.

Have a great day!

Best, always

2 comments:

  1. Different time zone and all, was kind of hoping you'd post before I had to call it a night. More than worth the wait.
    That story of the ride that wasn't and how your missing it was for the best - amazing how that happens. Seems like the universe has a flow of its own.
    As for that relationship thing... I hear you. OK for some, but not a one size fits all sort of life.
    Have a wonderful afternoon with your "family".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you think ....... when did "relationships" become two entities in competition, each trying to win or have their own way? That's no way to be in a human relationship or animal relationship. Partnership .... you get to know each other for a long time, and then instead of getting married, you get a horse or a puppy .... LOL! Anyway, works best for me like that. :) Never could figure out human relationships, but I sure do love my Friends and Family. :) It's a good life.

    I guess the Creator had better plans for your day ... sounds like a little piece of heaven there. :)

    Thanks for the insight, Jeune! Always look forward to reading what you have to say.

    Have a good evening,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete