Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Simple Day

Good Evenin'

Well, another fine day! A little breezy, where some cool air, seemed ta be movin' through, but once again, fair pleasant.

Checked in on Wedo, early, and he seems ta be doin' just fine, even if he lost his "sofa birth" to my friend's dogs, but, last account, he was sleepon' happy "behind" the sofa.

Otherwise, a simple day, with a little extra prayer/visit time, 'fore I headed off to check gates, 'fore the hunters return, man~ana. Very pretty day; all peaceful and gold, over the hill in the valley.

And, man~ana, better make a garbage run early and swing by the post office, put another book in the mail. Maybe do another Facebook thing, see if we come up with any last minute Christmas orders.

So, we'll keep the "light on" for old Wedo; funny how ya can miss a dog, ya ain't never met. Maybe old Stinky left a bigger gap'n what I thought.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

3 comments:

  1. We're trained from childhood to be good little soldiers, to push ahead even when the heart is heavy, not allowing ourselves to process loss. And yes, life does go on, but having lost all of my close relatives and a significant number of close friends, I can say that while my heart is no longer heavy, I do think of them often, and always with love. Their "place" belongs to them and to them alone, but does not preclude love for those currently in my life. And yet, sometimes that gap, as you put it, surfaces...

    Take care tomorrow, those crazy gun-toting yahoos being around. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do leave a doggie-sized hole in your heart, like a cookie cutter. He sounds so sweet and easy going. I know I was very attached to Stella before driving all the way down to the Georgia rescue group from Minnesota to get her. It was the right thing to do ... very strong bond between. Very grateful for her unconditional love and company.

    We're having a little warm up here ... makes for slippery roads, so folks have to slow down a little when they drive ... the evidence of many cars in the ditches suggests they'll maybe try that idea next time. I hope no one got hurt, but I did hear the sirens yesterday, and I never hear sirens out here.

    Blessed day to you!
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see I dropped a word : Very strong bond between "us." And to think I used to proofread medical jargon for a living. :D

      Delete