Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wedo (n't do too much just yet!)

Good Evenin'

And, another nice day; sunshine blue skies and 45 degrees.

Likely spent most a the day, with holiday greetin's, feedin' ponies and tryin' to get the last of my firewood outta the truck; I was gonna try and get another load, 'fore we got any more weather, but it didn't quite happen. It got late and I realized I was a little low on fuel. So, I'll try and make the tradin' post, man~ana; I'm kinda low on provisions as well. But, I been hopin' the boys at the truck depot'd get after my u-joints, where they've been sore neglected and are fixin' ta give up the ghost. We'll cross our fingers, try one more run.

Then, a course, we're still sortin' out "doggy dilemma's"; who wants ta go, who wants to stay, who rides in the truck, who wants the back and who'll stay home if I say. So, far, no clear resolution to any of the above. We finally give it all up and went for a hike, which just turned into more "doggie dilemmas", where the Wedo dog ain't, quite ready venture too far from home. We tried a few different directions, but 100 yards was about the limit.

Anyway, I suppose we had a few good laughs, we did get a little exercise and most a the wood outta the truck. That's just the way it goes out here; some days nothin' goes much a anywhere. But, ya do what ya can, keep yer eye on the ball, than all of a day, everything falls into place and a whole bunch a things get done at once.

Some say life's a beach. I say life's a school. I keep learnin' the same things over and over; patience, persistence and a steady heart, gets it done, sooner or late and makes for a most pleasant ride.

Have a wonderful night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. "Patience, persistence, and a steady heart, gets it done" ... good thought!

    Seems like working your new family member into your pack is going well ... funny how Wedo won't go more than 100 yards from his new home. He must feel comfortable there. I remember the playing checkers with the dogs when I had two .. Laughing! They do make you smile!

    Wonderful day to you! Cold here ... getting down to -15 degrees tonight, tomorrow -16 degrees ... glad my little woodstove is humming away.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the traveling and moving and changes he's been through, it's no wonder Wedo's sticking close to home. Maybe he's got to get anchored again, sure of his port, before he can sail out into the world around him once more. Like the title says, "..... yet." (BTW-that title's really great, how you play with his name.)

    I'm with Peaceful on that line she quoted, especially the steady heart part, trusting the greater wisdom to give that heart what it needs to be fulfilled.

    Lay in those provisions. More precipitation heading your way from here.

    ReplyDelete