Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nothin' Like Sun On the Nose

Good Evenin'

Well, sunny and 30 some degrees; wasn't 30 much, but I do believe we inched over the freeze mark. And, that might not sound too special, but it sure felt good and just warm enough, I broke out the horse clippers and mowed my face, give my top half a good scrub and broke out a clean top and shirt; try the lower half man~ana, if it's half fair.

And, a few more Christmas presents, trickled in; one I gotta go pick up at the cook shack and one come with the mail. Sure is humblin', get so many presents, when I got so little give back; but I guess that's part a gettin' on. Just gotta say "thanks" and enjoy, trust that ol' notion that givin' is a gift, all it's own; some wiser'n me, were clear enough, made a point ta pass it on.

And, doggone if the pups didn't make a romp today and make it through the whole affair, out anyone goin' too far, too fast; nary a knicker twisted. That Wedo dog sure can fly, when he gets a notion and Whichy, who used ta be the same, did tucker out. But, she got her revenge, just 'fore dark when I figured ta stretch my legs and Wedo took the option, stay home and howl for lonesome, as we poke down to the low gate, come up the cross road and back through the woods. He's a funny boy and she loves the snow; not to mention, her knowin' the land and lovin' a good toot. She might not be as fast as she was, but I don't think anyone can cover ground, as long or sure.

Anyway, a real fair day and cold as it looked ta get, again tonight, all the ponies got a handful of our "pre-me-yum" Christmas feed; give their boilers a bump.

And, I reckin' we're heddin' for beddin'.

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a day with no twisted knickers! Glad the Kids are getting along. :) It's a good life to live out like you do ... it's priceless to be saturated in peace, and infinitely better than watching TV to have critters to interact with.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete