Thursday, December 6, 2012

Albuquerque and Back

Good Evenin'

Started out a pretty fair day, if on the chilly side, but by the time we were headin' back to Cuba, in was fair overcast.

Another one a those days, I coulda paid more attention, but where I'm not used to company, I reckin' I was fair distracted; ridin' along, talkin' about this and that. Anyway, we made it to Albuquerque, good shape; just about the stroke of 10. So, I had time to walk over to KUNM, the public radio station and drop off two cd's that my friend Geoff, from "down unda" had sent me, see if it might get some "air".

Made it back to the hospital, 10:50, even with a small detour, get a wee chocolate milk, wash down my granola bar breakfast and a brief pause at the bus stop, rest my bones, catch my breath and say good mornin' to Dave, a Navajo fella from Gallup.

Ride home was similar smooth, with a stop in Cuba for groceries, then back to Regina, back in my truck, and home to the ponies, my pup and Lindrith.

And, now off to bed. I'll remember more tomorrow.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. What a good day! I understand the "distracted" part, living out here like I do. If I go into someone's house who has a TV on, I find that very distracting. Good conversation is always appreciated. Makes me exhausted to go to the Big City though, even if it turned into a good day. So much going on all at once in one spot and lots of relating to people! Hope you get air time and fun to meet new folks.

    Hope you slept good, and I know it must have been a big *happy sigh* experience to pull into the driveway of "home."

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete