Thursday, December 27, 2012

Angels

Good Evenin'

Well, another cold snowy day, though the sun did peek through, here and there. Then, a course, it cleared up just about sunset and the temp dropped like a rock; full moon ta boot. Like ta see the minusees tonight.

And, things might not be movin' along, quite as quick as I hoped; Whichy and Wedo. He was gettin' a little rambunctious today and they got into a bit of a tiff. It passed, no "big" deal, but it did make me think about our "stories". For her, likely quite hard, all she's lived with me and the Stink dog, out here, middle a nowhere, then to lose him and have ta share me. And, for Wedo, to have grown up in a back yard, in a much warmer clime, with one family, then to find himself here, with everything much larger, some scary and much colder. Well, you sure could see how they'd both be concerned and worried about changes and exactly how and where they fit. And, on top of all that, them havin' different bloodlines and nature; her, half sled dog and him, a light bone desert/cow dog.

But then there's time and little by little we'll all make our own "story" together. I guess that happens when you get older; you realize there will always be mis-understandings, but patience, time and together make them smaller and ya start ta see the good. Really makes me consider what an amazin' dog/character/soul, Stinko was. I mean, on one hand, you could not imagine what a thick headed, self-centered and plumb disgustin', dog Stinko was. But, he was always in a good mood and, far as I know, he never held a grudge; all the times I lost my temper and chased him around the tent, next day, no worries, not a hint. I strongly suspect he was an angel, sent to teach me a lesson, or ten.

Anyway, patience, love and reality; ladies and gentlemen, we are all we have and we might as well make it good!

Have a nice night!

Best,

P.S. Old Dave Saunders Agrees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvlOKVcWZXKY&v=vlOKVcWZXKY&gl=US


jeune

1 comment:

  1. The Dave Saunders "song" felt beautiful ... amazing what God has sent my way to "grow" me out of myself, and still sending my way as I'm shown the way out of my own Spiritual infancy.

    I suppose the ones who are gone keep reminding us of lessons... I had a big black Lab dog, Bailey the Bulldozer ... big of heart, sweet and kind always, but 85 mega-volts of very clumsy, solid muscle .. ooooooh, did she go a long way teaching me patience. No matter how aggravated I got with her, she never did hold a grudge (I did the same as you, no corporal punishment in this cabin ever, I just said her "name in vain" a couple of times or a hundred). I never did hold a grudge either. We loved each other.

    Since Wedo and Hutty are older pups, of course, I imagine getting along like buddies will take a bit longer than young pups .... might even be months. The changes from the moments of joy and conflict I thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete