Sunday, December 9, 2012

Northwest Winds

Good Evenin'

Well, not a lot a snow, but wind and cold; checked the thermometer just 'fore dark, and we only had 25 degrees, 'out includin' windchill.

Not a bad day, though, a little correspondence in the mornin', bundled up and fed the ponies, ate some breakfast and went back ta work on some writin', where there, really wasn't a whole lot I could do outside.

I did make myself take a poke over the hill, 'fore dark, get my blood pumpin' and it was beautiful, the gold, brown and green now broke up with white; evenin' sun, comin' in low, lendin' a hand to the gold. But, that icey old wind didn't encourage much pausin', chillin' right through my jacket; any enjoyment, a bird on the wing.

Give the boys a romp on the run, for a threw the last flake and topped off their water. They give it three or four go round, 'fore they too, decided a wind break and hay, sounded just right.

So, I'm in early, the fires a glowin', and I'm like ta call it a day. The whole bunch'll be up early, lookin' for fuel in the furnace.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. I can "see" the amount of snow when you write, "the gold, brown and green now broke up with white," so not enough snow to cover, but enough to maybe hang around for more than a day. I'm just hoping you have a warmer jacket or a liner that can block that chill wind if you need it to.
    Evocative metaphor, "any enjoyment, a bird on the wing." - I've been that chilled, and it's no fun at all. Just glad you were able to warm up by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture! The kind of beauty that says "time to break out the long johns."

    Nice you and the Boys got your blood coursing, making heat, and keeping the circulation open. Good day for hot chocolate ... yummmm.

    You live in a beautiful world ... I can see it through your eyes.

    Warm Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete