Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snow Daze

Good Evenin'

Well, another snowy, socked in day, but, all in all, mild and pleasant.

Few phone calls in the mornin', now that the doctor thing is outta the way, or at least, mostly for now; puttin' out feelers, get the Wedo dog up to Lindrith. And, so far, looks like we might have a plan shapin' up for Thursday. Checked in with his foster mom and, he's fairly comfortable and Thursday seems like it'd work for her. Other end, my neighbors gotta deliver one of the "woofer" kids to the airport and that wouldn't be too far from Belen; see what happens.

Otherwise, another quiet day; aside from a trip down to the low gate, let in an oilfield fella, had the wrong combination, feedin' and a wee walk in the woods, about dark, just food, heart time and an afternoon nap. First few snow days, always seem like that; ain't too much anyone can do, and with the fire goin' and the world all cloudy and grey, well, I suppose it's natural as hi-bernatin' for a bear. See if I can't at least catch up on some paperwork tomorrow.

And, all kinda little gifts and holiday wishes, showin' up in the mail and that's inspiration, all by itself. So many folks seem to care about me and the horses, just gives me that extra incentive, see if I can't, actual, turn the handle on this rescue/foster home, make it work. Make it nice.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. We're having a cozy snow day too ... I like the hush and stillness of the falling snow with no wind. It's funny how things change ... used to be a time snow meant excited laughing and sledding down the closest hill. It still makes me smile, as long as I don't have to drive in it.

    Thursday for the Wedo Dog! I hope all works out perfectly.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete