Sunday, March 4, 2012

Always There

Evenin'

Well, I got caught up in a flurry of old friend, reconnections; been remiss on my writin'. And, one of 'em went back and read most all my articles here. Posted all kind a very kind and thoughtful comments, which you'd think, give me all kind a confidence. Au contraire! Much easier ta write, when yer relatively sure, no one's readin'.

Anyway, talkin's all it really is, least here abouts. And, it was a beautiful day. Unbeleivable, really. Just two days ago, it was snowin' blowin' and cold! Today, sunny, still and into the 50's. Gotta admit, I did take a nap. Ya kinda brace up when it gets mean like that, then it quits, the sun comes out and the eyelids come down. Woke up ta find the ponies, same, same; all sprawled out in the corral.

And, some a my visitin', word gettin' round 'bout the book, had ta do with family I hadn't talked to in some time. Interestin'. And, I don't mean, by any means ta criticize, sweet folks, all of 'em; any dis-ease, just as likely mine. But, it made me think about Creator and stillness. When I take some time, get quiet, just feel and be with my life, it is amazin', how it's just there, for me. No stories, no past and no tomorrow; just there. And, I reckin' it's just plain impossible, any other relationship, could ever be so simple, sweet and nourishin'. And, I suppose, that one gives me the comfort accept the others for what they are; see the good, let go the rest, no shame, no blame.

Well, it's late and I'm tarred, so, I think I'll leave it there, pick 'er up tomorrow. Gotta go trim my neighbors horse, man~ana.

Have a nice night!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. Well, when you're writing, you're still just talking to the horses, Hutzpah, nature, and the stillness in yourself ... it's only when you click that button it goes out. I understand what you mean though (I've got more back reading to do). Your photography, Brandon, sure got some wonderful "art" of you life. Excellent!

    Glad you enjoyed the people who showed up in person .... makes you think of different things when you have other folks' perspective. Good day this beautiful March Monday morning at -15 degrees. :) I have to trim doggie "hooves" today.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peaceful; good luck with the doggie hooves! Minus fifteen; that's stout! January we're apt ta get down like that, but grateful, that's behind us for now.

    Do have a good one!

    Best,

    ReplyDelete