Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Old Magi

Good Evenin'

Yup, another be you tea full day! Ponies are stayin' out a little longer and the grass is pushin' on up. And, ya the boys are a little bummed, but I did get in and play some today; give 'em both a good scratch with their new brush.

Otherwise, more emailin', see if I can't shake some orders loose, on the book and I did connect with a fella and his friend, about the land outback; might could make a kids ranch. Ya never know about those things, but I am learnin', not to get "fixed" one way or the other.

There's an old story I heard, 'bout a young fella had a wonderful wise old teacher. Way I remember it, somethin' came up, seemed like a very bad situation. The young fella, knowin' that his old teacher was quite the magician, begged his teacher to do somethin', "please". The old teacher seemed reluctant, but the youngster, just kept askin'. So, the old magician, took the whole situation upon himself, which proved to be a lot for his old self and he passed away. The youngster was left, trouble free, but had lost his dearest friend and mentor.

Always felt there was somethin' real important about that story and over time, I guess, I've come to see the tender wisdom, it contains. And, as usual, the truth of it, never quite as dramatic as the story itself, but just as real. It's those simple choices I make everyday, as to what's important; what's my priority. And, older I get, more I realize, that NOTHIN' could replace that sweet affection; creator in my life.

So, this or that, my ideas, that's o.k., but never to lose sight, what really keeps my life worth living; never to get so fixed on any one thing, or outcome, I trade the only thing I ever really wanted, the warmth of my heart.

Have a nice night.

Best,

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful way to start my day. :) Yes, I wholly agree ... that is the "key" to life. Good story about the old Magi. The best gift "the warmth of my heart." Thanks, Jeune. :)
    Good day to you and a kind scratch to the ponies and pups,
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete