Monday, March 12, 2012

Tarred

Good Evenin'

Well, just like the weatherman said, for a change, sunny and mild. Looked around the yard today and, no doubt about it, grass is makin' a start! It'd been hintin' at green, the past few days, but today there was just, no denyin'; that's grass.

The bunch didn't even come in for a flake 'till about 2 o'clock; 1 o'clock if ya lived in Arizona, 3 o'clock if ya lived in East Texas, or 1 o'clock if it was yesterday! There will be a quiz later and be sure and have your W2's with you.
I better not start on governments propensity to take anything simple and make it unbelievably complicated, or none of us'll get any sleep, at all!

Pretty nice day, though. Got ta visit with my 1 mile south neighbors, as they had to return my 1/2 mile south neighbor's bull, as he'd wandered on through their fence, no doubt in response to a derogatory comment from their bull. Hadn't seen 'em since fall, the neighbors, even though I pass their house, whenever I go to town, the post office, and think, "I oughta stop, but I'm late, again!". Anyway, they both looked pretty well, as did young Tye, there grandson, now taller'n a tree.

Got a small load a hay delivered by the 1/2 mile south neighbor as he'd come up from Santa Fe and owed me some wages, which combined with a gift from a friend, added up to 15 bales; pretty handsome 70lb bales at that. Also managed to get over to my 5 mile south (crow flight) south west neighbor's and get a horse trimmed, we'd been after for nigh onto a month. And, made it over the hill, 'fore dark dark, check the west gate and west neighbors cabin, collectin' a small load a wood on the way.

So, the reason I told you all this, is 'cause I'm too tarred ta write and I'm goin' ta bed.

Have a great night.

Best, Always!

2 comments:

  1. So the grass is growing and some hay came in (nice bales too) ... good words to read! I hope it was a good tired and you slept well. :)
    Happy Day to you,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the hay arrived. You were starting to sound a bit worried earlier this month. This also has a lot of humor to it, and gives a real clear sense of the distances between "close" neighbors. Probably would not pass the quiz.

    As for borders.... a wise man I know talked about looking down from a plane when the pilot said they were crossing a major border, only to see unmarked land. So why time zones? Why change twice a year? Beats the heck out of me. Sun rises. Sun sets. Pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete