Friday, March 9, 2012

Rememberin' Us

Good Evenin'

Well, quite a day! Weatherwise, started out white as can be. By 10 it was sunny and brown. Started blowin' some, afternoon, then cloudy, blowin' and pretty fresh by dark. Not cold, cold and that's promisin'.

Equally excitin' on the writin' side; this little daily and the book, stirred up all kinda conversations, old friends and new. Kinda reminds me, this story I heard from Argentina. They had trouble over the years with crooked politicians, if you can imagine such a thing. And, a few years back, they were gettin' outta hand again. Well, the women in the cities remembered what had happened and everytime these politicians tried ta give a speach 'bout the same old nonesense, they all started bangin' pots and pans, all over the country, way I heard it. Finally, the politicians give up and they got a new government.

Point is, talkin' to so many wonderful people 'bout what's good in their lives and the good they remember, from little, it just gives me hope, if "we the people" spend more time rememberin' what's good, maybe some a that other noise'll smartin' up, or just get outta Dodge. Maybe I'm an optimist but, I do believe, it's good to remember the good and, a course, always consider ways a makin' more; fresh!

So, all this electronic stuff, that I may have criticized on occasion, maybe it ain't so bad, afterall. If it allows us to remember and remind, each other about the good, about each other, that it ain't all politicians and news anchors, that could be a very good thing.

Have a great night!

Best

2 comments:

  1. Remembering the good ... the "real" things that are good. I like your words.
    Gotta go now and find my pots and pans and get ready for the politicians ... LOL! Thanks, Jeune ... I can see those women in my mind, and it's a wonderful sight! :)

    ReplyDelete