Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No Conclusions

Good Mornin'

Well, another beautiful day, there yesterday and looks like the same today.

Got my little stud horse trimmed over at the neighbors; such a sweet young fella. And, boy he's gonna be a tall drink a water. He's just at that awkward, two year old stage, where his butts a whole hand taller than his front end, but handsome, handsome. I should a took his picture.

But, it's funny how people have different ways a doin' things. The owner's really done a nice job a handling him; for a two year old he's doin' really well. But, I do see how my instincts are a little different. She tries to discipline him, quite some, but it always seems there comes a point where I ask ta turn him loose, let him move some, bring him back around when his mind settles, work on a thing or two, when he's ready ta pay attention; send him off again when he starts ta fidget. It gets a little physical, him loose like that, but horses are physical critters; a little bumpin' and leanin', sniffin' and rubbin', but sure enough, he did settle, pay attention and sort out a little more balance and the new dimension of me under his nose, with his front feet, one at a time, stretched forward, restin' on my knee. Might just be a male/female thing, where she's a little nervous with his young "studdiness" and me bein' a fellow fella, a little more comfortable with the rough and tumble, "sans" sexual overtones; though, I must say, a young stud colt, like that, they are apt ta get those, heck, anything, all mixed up. Seems ta me, they're like this jumble of intense sensory overload and it's only through the process of runnin' inta things, tryin' anything and everything and sortin' out the nice and not so nice results, they finally put together their picture of the world and how it all works. It sure is charmin' and delightful, ya got enough experience, stay safe; live through the process. Reminds me of one of my favorite bits a wisdom, from an old farmer: "Good judgement come from experience; most a that comes from bad judgement!". I guess that pretty much sums up the process of growin' up. Grace and God willin', we make it.

Does make me giggle though, her wantin' everythin' "just so, now!" and him bein' so full of life. Sometimes, ya got a let go of "just so, now!" and trust, that there's a fundamental thing about life, intelligence, and that is it's insistence on "knowin'". And, my opinion, unless you allow it that space, freedom, ta find out, that sense of "knowin'" 'll never set up like it should; serenity set in. And, curious enough, seems ta me, that's when everythin' really lines up, "just so!".

Same old song; fear a self fulfillin' prophecy, trust, certainty, confidence, that it'll work out, somehow, ends up, so, too.

I would add, though, a long view, really helps; there can be a million moments, when you're sure it won't or didn't. But, I consider that, "jumpin' to conclusions". "It ain't over 'till it's over"; I don't believe in over.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. That made me laugh "intense sensory overload!" Same with kids and pups. Sometimes they have to try to force things and run into the door a couple of times and bounce off, wiggle, jump up and down, before they figure out, it just works out a whole lot better all the way around if they're patient. I get a few self-inflicted bruises myself now and then, never ends learning patience. It takes a lot of care and kindness toward yourself and others to find things eventually "line up just so." Good words, Jeune!

    I bet that horse was a sight to see. Nice looking horse in the picture above too!

    Have a good evening!
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete