Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eye a the Critter

Good Evenin'

Well, another mixed bag; some sun, some wind and snowin'n blowin' come sundown.

Everybody fed and watered, some short rations, but my ride for the hay's been draggin' his feet and now were close to the bottom a the pile. Worst part, so is the feed store! Trust, trust, trust, trust; cross my fingers and trust. If it breaks up tomorrow, I might have ta close the gate on the bunch again; pray fer grass.

Put out a "last call" on orders for the book, least on the first edition; lotta folks said they would, lotta folks disappeared. No shame, no blame; stuff happens. But, I do like that parta livin' out here; so little happens, words stand out. Somebody says somethin', odds are it'll happen. Sometimes I talk to old friends from the city and you can tell, they're so used to "talk", they're like to say anything and never give a thought to the doin'. Just a nice reminder, "ya, I wanta be present; conscious. I don't wanta be all over the place". Funny, though, I almost care more about the critters, than I do about folks. Or, maybe it's just, I'm so grateful to the critters, 'cause they DO pay attention and it rubs off; keeps me honest (er).

I suppose, it's not that important, but I must say, l like myself a little better, when the things I say and the things I do aren't too far apart. And, God willin', it ain't about pattin' myself on the back, or bein' "better'n"; it's more like a part a me that just notices and rests a little better when my halves are whole.

So, God bless the critters, save a wretch like me; move me ta be the human ya see.

Have a great night!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. Praying for grass and the hay ride getting in gear, Jeune. I know that bottom of the barrel feeling ... that's when the real faith kicks in. I know what you mean about relating a little better to the critters than humans ... that's why I live waaay out here.
    Dear God, Bless this Man and the critters you gave him to watch over. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping one's word takes practice. And like a wise man I know often says, we get good at what we practice. Working with kids, I've learned not to promise what I can't keep. Keep it honest. If I'd like to try but am not sure I can pull it off, whatever "it" is, then I tell them, and I tell them why I'm not sure. Critters don't know from promises. They're just present. Kinda cool.

    If kids promise and don't deliver, I don't yell. I inquire, because maybe there are obstacles I can help them overcome to get whatever it is done. They are "in formation," not fully formed. Lotta learning going on.

    With grownups, I've learned not to have any expectations. I have hopes. They deliver, great. Not? Well, I'm still breathing and my heart is still full of Creator, and in the end, that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete