Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Simple Math

Good Mornin'

Well, it blew pretty fair yesterday, but I came to the conclusion, that spring time in New Mexico, if you can stand up and move around some, without rollin' off with the tumbleweed, it's a nice day!

Looks like sunny and mild today. And, a course, unusually warm. Got a young stud colt, trim today; terrible sweet kid and handsome. Kinda chestnut colored, with a flaxen mane and tail; nice big blaze on his forehead and nose. Lady that owns him, got him in with his Pop; them two, just plain hilarious how they get along.

Otherwise, just tryin' ta find my way; keep right, inside, move along on the outside. There's a line from a poem, 'bout my mentors, Tom and Ray, from the book; "no peace was made with easy lie". I like lines, that can mean a bunch a things and that's one; far as I can tell. But, the meanin' for me, these days, kinda like that Gandhi line, "be the change you want to see", if I want to make a difference, it'll take a different approach. And, kinda like that story 'bout half a degree, maybe just, ever so slightly different, which in this case might mean, a) a lot of trust in the impossible as completely possible and b) if you wanta make something beautiful, proceed beautifully; dilligently, but beautifully. It's taken me pretty much a lifetime, but the notion that "the end justifies the means" is just, plain "bad math". Don't believe me? Take a good look around.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. A tai chi friend always says, "Inch by inch, everything's a cinch." Mountains that look huge can be moved - maybe over millennia - one rock at a time. Every dream starts with a leap of faith, even if that leap is a small step taken from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that ... "inch by inch, everything's a cinch."

      Proceed "dilligently but beautifully" ... I can see you doing that, Jeune.

      Blessings,
      Peaceful

      Delete