Saturday, March 10, 2012

Appearances

Good Evenin'

Ya, more a the same; a little sun, passing clouds, some wind, then snowin' by dark. All in all, just a little milder.

Don't even wanta mention how much time I'm spendin' on the computer, linin' up orders, get the book off to the printer. I keep tellin' myself, "just a little more, then you can get back to ponies".
Five years on this one little book, I might make $250 which I've already spent on hay.... I don't even know where to go with that, 'cept to chuckle; just chuckle. Ya never know 'till ya try. Do get to give a little to charity, though; could be worse.

Otherwise, I did finally get out, beyond my little foray's, throw a flake. Made it over the neighbors, check the cows, feed the horse, the goats and the chickens. And, boy, did that feel good; my old path windin' through the woods, passin' trees, lent me dead branches, through the winter, the fresh air, the critters callin' out, soon as they see me crossin' the fence, everybody fed and watered, headin' home, armful of wood, along the way, dreamin' 'bout summer and ways to spend more time with the ponies. Pretty enjoyable; pretty pleasant.

I remember a wise man, once pointin' out, that enjoyment was a gift and never to take it for granted. Stop and think about it, it's really true; so many people I've heard across the years, expressin' their wonder, when they'd ever be able, enjoy themself. Maybe they had a lot and did a lot and much of it'd look like fun, but somewhere, somehow, inside themselves, they just couldn't enjoy any of it. Worse part is, nobody'd ever feel sorry for ya! I'm kiddin' just, there.

But, I guess it's true; sometimes the simplest things are the greatest gifts. Sometimes, I look off at the mountains, or smell some cedar on the fire, see my horse or dog and just wonder why we ever bothered with anything else.


Have a great night!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. You're a blessed man to realize the joy and contentment is in "the moment." Can't wait until tomorrow like you said, it's today, this moment, this smell, this critter, to enjoy right NOW. In the journey of making the book happen, I suppose you've met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot about yourself. I love a good journey! :)
    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete