Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Muffin Man

Good Evenin'

Well, we had a couple a beautiful spring days and today was pretty fair, just a little over cast an d breezy. Kinda passed out again, this afternoon; neighbor whose horse I trimmed, gave me some "cranberry yogurt muffins" and I tried 'em for breakfast. Little too much sugar for an old cowboy, seems. I really tried, get up and git after things, but no go!

Anyway, winters do kinda take it outta ya. Springtime, when I start gettin' around, trimmin' some horses and burros, seein' neighbors I haven't seen since fall, it always hits me, "wow, we passed another winter and it shows on the faces of my neighbors; likely mine, too." So, a few good naps, first warm days, I suppose it's natural and them muffins were worth it, even if it ain't.

But, I sure would like ta get back with the mustang boys, now the pens 're dryin' up. One, see if we can get a little futher down the road, two, keep 'em busy and fit, let some grass grow back in their run.

Anyway, tarred, again. Have a great night.

Best,

1 comment:

  1. Wow ... cranberry yogurt muffins ... they must think a lot of you. :) Yum!
    I think the transition between winter to spring, sets in a kind of tiredness .. maybe our body "sighs" with relief from fighting the cold and the wind .. makes me want to take a nap. In fact, I think I'll just go do that! Can't wait until I can just stand there with my eyes closed and let the spring sun shine down on me. :)
    Happy Trails :)

    ReplyDelete