Thursday, March 15, 2012

Burro Kin

Good Mornin'

Well, another peach of a day, it was; sunny, mild and breezy. Today, looks like a repeat.

A little dis-combobulated this mornin', after my visit with my burro friends and their owners, Wayne and Kate. Always have a great time, both ways; coffee and conversation with the humans, hooves and heart story with the burros. Funny, no; with the humans, it's generally politicians and bureaucrats, a little local news and a fair bit of "thank goodness for this little corner of the universe". With the burros, the details are dispensed and it's just plain, "so good to know you; so good to be together"; just care and appreciation, no words, repeated again and again, for the first time. Kinda like swimmin' in a forrest pond; swimmin' and swirlin', around each other, warm water on top, cool water below, soon becomin' a fantastic mix of currents, warm and cold, as we paddle around, appearin' and disappearin', poppin' up, nose to nose, eye to eye, turnin' and dunkin', just to do it again.

Wasn't always, quite so sweet; seems they'd had some pretty hard times, 'fore I showed up. But, little by little, we sorted things out, to now, where it's just "high tea". Course, now they got grand kids and we'll start all over, but the grand kids, watchin' like they do, noticin' the affection we share, it's like ta be much easier, convince them, "it's alright".

These are really small, creatures and they never miss an "attitude", but a little respect and an ear for their story and they, sure, got plenty ta say. Took a lot a patience, early on, but I kept rememberin' this line, from the "old book", "whatever you do for the least, you do for me". And, I'd have ta say, it's, sure, paid royal.

If I'm a little discombobulated, as I mentioned, it's just 'cause Wayne and Kate got a new fangled coffee pot, and some new fangled coffee, far as I can tell. How come everything gotta get "better, stronger"; I tossed and turned all night, just with half a cup. Likely, howcome I deleted my story last night; a poster I once saw, kinda from the 50's. It said, "drink coffee! Do stupid things faster!"

Anyway, I'm still breathin' and I don't gotta go anywhere today. See if I can't climb in with the Mustang boys, play some; take their minds of their little pasture. Let some grass grow; get our cowboy/cowhorse gig, a little futher down the road.

Have a great day.

Best,

1 comment:

  1. I don't do well with that high octane coffee either. :) I have a jar of instant ... no waste with that. Good story about your time with the burros. Cute little critters. :) It seems you can get into a rhythm with animals ... like they understand. Humans ... it's not so easy. Hope you get time with the ponies today.
    Great day to you,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete