Friday, October 19, 2012

A Tight Fit

Good Evenin'

Well, yes, another peach; sunny breezy and somewhere around 70 degrees.

Feedin', phones and email, most a the day; but I haven't been mailin' books, 'cause I'm scrapin' my pennies for hay and I just got enough gas, get to the bend for the blessin', then tuesday's the hay, cross our hooves, and we'll have just a little left , money and gas, make the tradin' post, wednesday, pay my down my bill and put in a little petrol!

I know it sounds bad, but, upside, we just topped our 100th book! Which means, aside from a little loan, not due 'til the end a the year, we're inchin' toward "break even" territory.

Anyway, rob peter just a little, pay paul, just enough, 'till we see peter again, a little luck thrown in, "she'll be right", as they say "down unda"!

Did get a bit of a stroll, on toward dark, and found the bunch, down by the low gate, starin' up at the boys. Little bit of a moon, so I don't know if it was the girls, or, with the cooler temps and the grass dryin' out, if they was dreamin' of life "in the barn" and flakes of green hay; and the boys of life on the loose.

Anyway, for each a scratch and a rub, kiss for the Queen Missy Mum and I headed back, try and grab a branch on the way. Give the boys a flake, but them too, I shorted 'em just a little; only got three bales, make it to Tuesday and the burros are demandin' equal rights. Push comes ta shove, we'll make it.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment