Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cows on the Lamb

Good Afternoon,

A slightly topsy turvy day; neighbors cows come in across my shakey fence up north. So today the neighbors come down to gather 'em up and head 'em home. Well, they hung around and drove around, but I'd noticed this bunch's cagey and the neighbors finally went home, callin' to say they hadn't seen a thing.

So, I took the bunch and headed up to the north end, lock the gate I'd left open and come off the hill in our southeast corner, seven horses and me, and there was the cows, right in the middle. I reckin' they just hid in the gulley, east of the tank; wait out the neighbors.

Anyway, me and seven horses was plenty eyeful for them cows and they skee-daddled up toward the thick brush, in the northwest corner. I didn't figure I'd get around 'em or, find 'em in the trees, so I just let'em go and rode on up to the pond in the northeast, turned the horses loose and walked up ta close the north gate, then walked home.

So, four thirty and about where I oughta be noon time. But, heck, we had a ball and it was a beautiful day; seventy degrees, sunny and breezy. Can't ask for a nicer sidetrack'n at. Always good, hang with the bunch.

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing this is your "favorite" neighbor. Sound like lots of fun with the horses, if not for the cows. Did they ever make it "home?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun being a kid again?!!! Laughing! Outside, horses, cows, entertaining neighbors ... oh my goodness, I'd sit down and have myself a good laugh while the bunch thought I needed a little "psycho"-analysis. :D People make me shake my head and wonder ... animals make sense. Many adults forget to have fun ... that sounds like a good time!

    I remember being stepped on by a cow once trying to help the neighbor milk ... she just stood there with that beautiful face looking at me with her hoof on one of my feet. I asked her kindly, through slightly gritted teeth, if she'd please move her foot, and finally, she did ... wow ... heavy Girl! Funny look on her face though ... like "what?"

    We had big flakes of snow today ... beautiful. Gone now but someday they'll stick and stick and stick ... until May. :D Complain or enjoy the seasons? ... it's always a choice ... I guess I'll enjoy ... sure is gorgeous.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete