Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Herd

Good Evenin'

And, yes, another peach; it's fall in New Mexico! Prettiest time of the year; days and days of just plain pleasant.

And, really nothin' very unusual; office, email and phone in the mornin', loaded up the truck afternoon, tools and pieces for the blessin' on The Bend, then Jacob and some friends stopped by help me cut some stumps for seatin'. Jacob actually cut 'em, me and his friends, cleared some sage and hauled the stumps over to the fire pit. Didn't take us long, but it sure made a big difference and left the spot quite homey.

I'll go by tomorrow for "finishing touches", cut some saplings for the "lavatory", maybe whack a little more sage and rake, for a nice big welcoming circle. But, most of all, try to spend time with the horses. Not sure, whether it's me or them, likely a little a both, but when there's folks around, we all seem to enjoy the reminder, just how important we are to each other and that no one gets left behind.

I guess it's a deep thing, "the herd", and little as I might understand, I'm afraid it's took most a me with; but I can't see complainin', no way.

Have a nice night!

Best,

jeune

2 comments:

  1. Good picture ... a Man, the land, and waiting for the Bunch. Beautiful land.

    That's fun "busy" .... nice of folks to come by and help. I'm enjoying all of this from afar, but it must be wonderful up close.

    I can see how the herd can take most of you, but they give most of them. Wonderful feeling.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Family" comes in many different forms. You've adopted the herd, and in return, over time, they've "adopted" you. Beautiful circle. Best wishes for a memorable and wonderful ceremony.

    ReplyDelete