Sunday, October 28, 2012

Headin' South

Good Evenin'

And, yes, another peach! Even, just a little warmer.

Headed out to find the bunch, bring 'em down to the south end for the upcomin' hunt. Gets harder and harder, I got to con-fess; weathers so fine, our hay supply low and I'm quite sure that nobody appreciates the valley quite so much as the ponies. But, I guess that'd be a hard "law" to pass; "whoever appreciates somethin' the most, gets to keep it!". Does make me chuckle, though.

They come down kinda timid and ya never can be too sure, what that's about; could be there'd been a lion or bear down that away. Could be the neighbors and their guns. Could be they're really becomin' "the wild bunch" and startin' to wonder about these arbitrary decisions, but we eased on down and I had the water trough full, so eveyone got a good drink and took to muchin', fairly content.

Spent the rest a the day, shorin' up fence and tyin' markers, try to keep the Elk from tearin' it back down. And, I did get a call from the partners, them wantin' one more book, which I took for a plus, where likely, last night, someone got past the pretty pictures and actually read a page. So, all in all a fairly nice day and, god willin', nicer yet, tomorrow.

The boys did get the short end today, but, I'll see for amends man~ana.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment