Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No Math for Kindness; No Excuse for Quittin'

Good Evenin'

And, yes, another peach! Just plain old gorgeous.

And, the wild bunch does seem to be adjustin' just fine to their "south pasture" and so far, ok with our short rations. I am givin' them a flake in the mornin', then come time for "brunch", I'm walkin' 'em out toward the ridge and cleanin' up down trees, uncoverin' the last green sprigs of the summer, in the woods, up behind camp. It gets 'em started and I think they like the fact, even if rations are short, that we get to spend some extra time together.

Don't know exactly why, but I woke up this mornin' with a new appreciation for the moments of life. I suspect it's all the kindness seems to be comin' my way of late. Not that, truly, I could ever take credit, it's too sweet, but neither can I say that I never gave it a thought. I mean since I was a teenager, I started readin' books about "the heart" and not long after, I started workin' with a teacher, pretty serious.

So, this mornin' it just kinda hit me, things my teacher has reminded me, year after year; "the moments DO matter, they are the seeds of tomorrow. Invest simply, wisely and surely!"

And, I guess it's like that; just a lot of gratitude for that "persistence" on his behalf and a lot of gratitude that some parta me listened and made some effort.

That said, I'm equally willin' to admit, that it's completely a gift; when you feel that kinda kindness comin' your way, it really is overwhelmin' and quite clear, my mind, "this can not be a simple equation; ya I've made a little effort, but this is way beyond proportion!".

Either way, it leaves a mark and for me, "the mark" says, remember; "there is that voice that comes to dismiss the moments of my life, assuring me they could never add up to anything important and then there's those moments when you know, it's the moments that make all the difference. Make every one count for the good; they do add up! They do make all the difference, in the long run!"

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. I sure believe that to be so, Jeune! I like the way you put it. Good words to read. Just to be able to walk, and see, and hear, and feel ... WOW! Truly all such a gift!

    It's a good life ... there's always some new adventure of love or smiles just around the corner. Always.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete