Sunday, October 14, 2012

Double Take

Good Evenin'

And, what a day! Don't believe there was a cloud in the sky; warm sun and a cool breeze. Kinda made up my mind, I gotta get out and get after things, fences, gates and ponies; get ready for the blessing day too. So, I spent most of the day, checkin' fence and gates, visitin' the bunch and cleanin' up a patch, over on the bend.

And, it sure felt nice, abandon the office, forget the phone and just go. One a those catch 22 things, I suppose; got started on the book, try ta raise some dough for the ponies, then ya start ta wonder if they'd be happier, I forgot the whole idea and just went back to hangin' with them, chasin' cows and fixin' fence. Oh, well, maybe, a little miracle, the book'll take off and I'll hire someone pretend they're me, do all the office and travellin' bit. A stunt double!

Anyway, heck of a fine day! Just plain beautiful; clearin sage and linin' up some stumps for chairs. Now and then I'd look up and look around; see Perdenal Peak over by Abiqui, clear as a bell. Fifty miles.

And, I'm headin' for beddin'!

Have a nice night.

Best
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Now, that's a nice day ... leave all the electronics behind and clear your head out of all the gadgets. Makes a kind of peacefulness wash over a person. Mountains, ponies, fence fixing .... heaven on Earth. Different kind of vibration. Better. Happy for you!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunt double, huh? See that there's a great idea for all sorts of things. Used to tell a class that was causing a ruckus that if they kept it up I was going to send my "evil twin" to teach their class period the following day. Then I'd look at them over the top of my glasses, take a pause, drop my voice half an octave, and say very quietly, "And you do not want to meet her," with an accent on the last word. Made "her" sound like Darth Vader. Since I had cultivated a bit of a reputation for unpredictability, the class would look at me, not seeing that I was biting my lower lip to keep from laughing, decide they did not want to take any chances, and settle down. Worked every time.

    Getting help with the office stuff would be great. Don't know how the in-person stunt double would work for a writer, though. Your voice is truly unique and speaks from that deep heart of yours. Anyone else would have a pretty hard time trying to duplicate it.

    ReplyDelete