Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Higher Education

Good Evenin'

And, ya, another peach; looked around afternoon and the only thing resembling a cloud was smoke from a fire down toward the Jemez.

And, a pretty simple day; ponies, feed and firewood, with a brief interlude, gettin' squared away with "financial assistance", at the University Hospital, see if they can fix my eyes. Appointment's next Monday.

And, I woke up this mornin', rememberin' a particular turnin' point in my life; kinda connected to recent events and maybe sparked by a dream of an old friend. Started wonderin' why I took the fork I did; looked at it every which way. Wonderin' what so and so musta thought, how it looked, how much I understood. Came to the conclusion, "nobody'll ever know for sure", least of all me.

I remember another time, I was workin' on a ranch up north and things weren't goin' real well. The money was good; better'n I seen in quite a while. But, there were folks workin' there, I don't believe even their mothers'd love. Anyway, I was goin' back and forth with a friend a mine about stayin' or leavin'. He was convinced I needed the money and I was convinced that it wasn't worth it. Finally, one day I called him and said, "look, maybe I should stay, but this ain't no way to live and I'm goin' back to Lindrith, where, at least it's peaceful, money or not. If life is for learnin', one way or another I'll learn, but I'd rather learn peaceful and grateful, than eternally stressed."

Anyway, I'm still alive and I don't know if I learned a thing, but I sure do love my life and, every now and then I talk to another friend a mine still works there. He's got a fancy truck, but hear him go on about the same non-sense and the same people, year after year, well, my old truck still makes it from A to B and back, thank you!

So, I ain't sure if there's a point here, 'cept maybe "trust". Seems ta me Creator never held an honest mistake against me. Don't know if that'd apply across the board, but, my life, I'd say that's con-spicuous. And, ya think about it, if life is for learnin', it'd almost have ta be like that, otherwise, we'd be so scared, make a mistake, we'd never learn anything.

But, I sure have made some counter-intuitive choices; plumb fascinatin'. Fact I'm alive, wonder enough! But, fact I'm happy, Creator gotta have a sense a humor and Life must be for learnin'; no matter our "unique" approach.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you really made me smile! Creator has a great sense of humor .... look at giraffes. Profoundly beautiful amazing creatures, but what an idea! Their anatomy and physiology are enough to amaze your brain for days.

    It's a funny thing how we humans have gotten it in our heads there are 2 choices ... "I made a mistake" or "I didn't make a mistake." You've definitely shown that not to be true. Such an infinite amount of learning to be had by decisions made in a better frame of "heart."

    I sit in my old Buick and thank "her" too ... another day of rolling wheels ... yippeeee!

    Extra scratch for the Bunch, Jeune, and a big smile for you. Enjoy your good fortune. I'm enjoying it through your words. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. When heart is first, peace can flourish. That you are happy and at peace where you are proves that you made the best choice for you. The world as a whole would be a much happier place if more folks gave themselves permission to put true heart happiness above money.

    ReplyDelete