Monday, October 8, 2012

In Shape

Good Mornin'

And, our first freeze! Only made 60 degrees yesterday; 40 come sun down. But, this is about normal; early October we're like ta get a taste a things to come.

Went to bed a little excited, turns out an exec from Western Horseman got a look at the book and liked it quite some; talked about doin' an article. Ya never know how those things'll turn out, but it did make me think about a second edition and how we might pull that off. In the past, folks might find a publisher, but fast as things are changin', I'm just not sure it's worth it anymore; what I here, 'less you're already famous, they just want all the money and do none of the work. In other words, my excitement was likely mixed with a little nervousness, where this could be a big break, but the "management" is like to be tricky, at best.

Anyway, another great opportunity to trust. And, yuh, back to grace and remembrance; "'tis grace that brought us safe this far, and grace'll lead us home!". Hate to sound like an old saw, but I gotta say, it's the only thing that has consistently worked, over the years. And, admittedly, one might need to take up the question of "worked", as that could have different meaning to different folks, but simply put, I am alive, I love my life and do believe, it'll only get better, come what may.

And, I suppose, that's the important point, "come what may"; it's easy love life, when thing's are good, but to know it's the love that counts, and be able, "love" through the "bad" or hard, that's a treasure, beyond compare. And, for sure a gift, which I believe, is another word for grace.

So, like a good young "capitalist", I have learned, "yes, by all means, keep your eye on the treasure!", maybe the difference'd be, kindness a the wisdom, just to remember what the real treasure is; good and bad'll come and go, but I'm in love, then life is great.


And the rest, does work out; believe it or not, it really, does work out.

Have a nice day!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. You make a big point, Jeune. Where's really the place you want to be ... amazing how the money folks can squeeze the last nickel out of the work you've done, wasting your precious horse/nature time for them. That's their expertise ... kind of seems predatory in a way.

    I decided I'm rich, got a tiny cabin (not much cleaning to do), a little bit of trees, peace upon peace upon peace, no traffic to town, folks smiling when I get there, and no one looking over my shoulder, except the Creator cheering me on. Wow ... somehow, I don't believe a penthouse looking over a big city can compete with that in my little pea brain. I hear peas are good for you too.

    You made it this far, and I see you continuing the trend ... from the inside out. Makes me smile.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete