Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blessings

Good Evenin'

Cool and breezy, but by an large, another peach.

Caught a ride to Cuba with my neighbors; momma Diane had to pick up one a the youngsters, bus from Albuquerque. Run around most a the mornin', phone calls and feedin' and give myself the better part of a bath. Cool as it was, I opted for a pan on the stove and wash cloth, with a splash of Dr. Tichenor's, Louisiana, peppermint mouthwash, sweeten the deal; unorthodox, perhaps, but it sure smells fresh. Didn't have time to dunk my lower half, but I did manage a scrub for the toes and clean socks.

Main idea was to stock up for the "Blessin' on the Bend". Young lady, medicine woman, from Lukachukai, AZ, comin' down on Monday. Weather's supposed to hold, I already dug a fire pit, for coffee and lunch, Diane's makin' homemade bread, posole, a new mexico favorite, green chili, hominy and potatoe soup, pumpkin pie and a roast goat; speakin' of troopers. Jacob and I should try to get over, next day or so and whack out some camp furniture, stumps and poles, accomodate the guests and groceries. Likely have a dozen friends, and young Brandon, shot the "pics" for the book, should be on hand, with camera. Only like to last an hour or two, where most folks are comin' a ways, but I'm puttin' money it's bound ta be a moment in time. Don't know how that works, but, middle a nowhere, folks get together with a blessin' in mind, sun and sky and heart, it sure, can get kinda sweet.

I remember, when Brandon came up to shoot the "pics" for the book, Ms. Buckley, a chippewa lady from Albuquerque was helpin' me organize, some, and she made us promise do a blessin' 'fore we start. It was just me and him, a poem we wrote and a drum we made from a coffee tub, feather and old horse teeth. We marched up the ridge, thumpin' the drum, let the ancestors know, in the rain, got to the big rock, northend, the rain quit, the clouds broke up and a double rainbow lit up the sky. Don't believe me, there's a picture, right the middle, the book. Don't reckin' either one of us'll ever forget that day.

Anyway, it's late, 'n I'm tarred.

Have a wonderful night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful double rainbow ... important to have a "blessing." Yes, I believe it will be a moment in time to treasure. Wish I was there to see it too.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete