Thursday, October 11, 2012

Grey Skies

Good Evenin'

Well, we started off, not a cloud in the sky. Ended up blustery and overcast. Figured it was gonna rain, but we only got a drop or two; see what happens overnight.

Otherwise, woke up this mornin' kinda half dreamn', about how some people are so quick to come up with reasons, not to be happy. Image floatin' around my head of someone hangin' some kinda grey, semi transparent cloth, anywhere a little "light" might get in. I guess I'd met someone recent, made me reflect on the question.

Made me wonder if that wasn't part a my livin' out here; if somewhere deep inside myself, there wasn't a suspicion that life was wonderful, accompanied by the parallel suspicion that we have learned and agreed, socially speakin', that "we musn't be too happy".

Different, I suppose, but these things do cross my mind, as I often notice that, as time passes out here, I do seem to get happier and happier and brought up, some short, when I meet people, some, seemin', bound and determined, "there's always a reason to worry".

And, I don't mean to critcize anyone, but it does make me wonder and grateful, that I met some folks in my life, similar convinced, "life is wonderful and yes, we can be happy; no reason required!". And, that's quite amazin'; really quite amazin'.

So, in keepin' with "the Budh", who seemed to encourage "minfulness" or, more simply, payin' attention, next time somethin' good happens and it makes you happy, pay attention! And, if you notice, something, someone, inside yourself drawin' the curtains, shakin' a finger and tsk-tskin', how "we mustn't get carried away", or "here, here, we must be practical", take note. And, maybe, just consider, "that it might not be you and it might not be true."

And, yup, I'm tarred!

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,

jeune

2 comments:

  1. When people don't feel loved, or worthy of love, then it can be challenging for them to accept that they are worthy of happiness or that any happiness they feel will last.
    Knowing that all the happiness one could ever want or need can be found within, that Creator loves us unconditionally, and that no matter what our circumstances we are worthy of that love - grateful indeed!
    And, as you so beautifully point out in the last paragraph, never allow anyone or anything to say different.
    Rest well, Jeune, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The beauty of the trees,
    the softness of the air,
    the fragrance of the grass,
    speaks to me.
    And my heart soars."
    ~ Chief Dan George ~

    Yes, be happiness, no reason required ... just joy. I like that, Jeune. The more I study, the more I can see a bottom line ... just love folks, life, the oneness. It all points to love. If there are people who cross your life who can't/won't/don't get it/don't want to get it, you don't have to wear it. It's their clothes ... and they're heavy clothes. Sadness and a lot of energy wasted. Happy, love, joy ... clothes that shine with a light from essence. People fear, that's why they don't want to get "too happy." Fear is the opposite of love. Love my peaceful woods. Sanctuary.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete