Friday, October 19, 2012

A Tight Fit

Good Evenin'

Well, yes, another peach; sunny breezy and somewhere around 70 degrees.

Feedin', phones and email, most a the day; but I haven't been mailin' books, 'cause I'm scrapin' my pennies for hay and I just got enough gas, get to the bend for the blessin', then tuesday's the hay, cross our hooves, and we'll have just a little left , money and gas, make the tradin' post, wednesday, pay my down my bill and put in a little petrol!

I know it sounds bad, but, upside, we just topped our 100th book! Which means, aside from a little loan, not due 'til the end a the year, we're inchin' toward "break even" territory.

Anyway, rob peter just a little, pay paul, just enough, 'till we see peter again, a little luck thrown in, "she'll be right", as they say "down unda"!

Did get a bit of a stroll, on toward dark, and found the bunch, down by the low gate, starin' up at the boys. Little bit of a moon, so I don't know if it was the girls, or, with the cooler temps and the grass dryin' out, if they was dreamin' of life "in the barn" and flakes of green hay; and the boys of life on the loose.

Anyway, for each a scratch and a rub, kiss for the Queen Missy Mum and I headed back, try and grab a branch on the way. Give the boys a flake, but them too, I shorted 'em just a little; only got three bales, make it to Tuesday and the burros are demandin' equal rights. Push comes ta shove, we'll make it.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you'll make it .... I really believe that.

    Life is sure busy for you now. Happy the weather is cooperating. We have drippy fog ... time to stoke up the wood stove ... brrrr.

    The picture is dreamy magic, seen through the veil of twilight. Beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete