Monday, October 15, 2012

Opening Remarks

Good Evenin'

And, another peach! Sunny and mild with a gentle breeze.

Got up a little late, though, I'm not sure why and, never quite settled in to a groove. Down to my last flake a hay, and unsure if my neighbor'd still be in a lendin' mood, I suppose I was a little worried. Add a few phone calls from friends wishin' me a happy birthday and an "o.k.", borrow some hay, trade for some work on a colt, and I'm afraid, as I said, I coulda got a better grip. But, all in all, a nice one and a reminder, gift in itself, that it might be "just a day", but it'll never come back and if I wasn't all there, a part a me knows and mourns the loss.

I suppose it's just my habit; horses, horse teachers, heart teachers, these are a lively bunch and, perhaps curious, too. Ta meet any one, ya might figure, "a laid back bunch", but, it reminds me, somethin' come out in the book, "if ya don't take the right stuff real serious, ya might end up takin' all the wrong stuff, too serious.". In other words, sometimes, ya do meet folks, all "wired up" and ya might figure they're really on the ball. But, sometimes, it's just "nerves" and they're lost in the "all important"; the enjoyment, the appreciation is gone and so, any graceful priority.
So, hangin' with horses and folks, really got a thing goin' on with life, appreciation, a focus and priority, well, there's somethin' awful rich and steady there and, yer not careful, it can just leave a mark; a mark you're like ta remember and re-mark the days you missed.

Have a nice evenin'!

Tomorrow, another day!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, it's just me and the Creator. So ... I trust. Get frustrated and let that burn like a log in my mind-fire and then turn to trust again and again and again. I'm a slow learner .... laughing!

    Glad you got "some" hay, birthday phone calls, sun on your face. Good you found yourself alive and present in the moment ... very good. For me, it's the best lesson I ever learned. I've been watching the little furries get ready for winter and helping them where I can ... they love apple cores, all kinds of little bits of this and that. What a thrill when a HUGE raven lands on the rocks right outside of my windows. Empties my mind of worries, and I'm there with the Raven and the little critters. Life is sure good.

    "Hi" to the bunch ... they are a grand sight!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete